:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Youngian
Very positive canvass this morning in Peterborough. Even undecideds were happy to chat, taking this election seriously and told you what they thought of hapless Rishi. These were the same estates shutting the door in your face in 2019 insulted as former Labour voters that we were offering up Corbyn as leader.
mattomac liked this
By AOB
Abernathy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:00 am
AOB wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:48 am
I did the council election count last year. Fucking pain in the arse some of those prospective councillors watching you count, point out a pile of votes, "don't forget these!". "I haven't fucking forgotten them, you bellend. They are the pile I will count shortly. Fuck off and leave me in peace to count." That's what I was thinking in my head with a pasted on smile.
They shouldn't have been doing that. What party workers generally do at election counts is in two phases : the first phase is verification that the number of ballot papers in a box tallies with the number that the presiding officer has recorded as having been issued. This is done with the papers face up, providing party workers with their best opportunity to sample the votes in order to make a rough prediction of the result on the night, and provide useful statistical information for future campaigns. The second phase is the counting of the actual votes, where counters place individual ballot papers into piles, one for each candidate. The party workers' brief at this phase is to keep an eagle eye on their principal opponent's (usually the Tory) pile, not the Labour pile - we don't care if any extra votes are wrongly placed on our pile, in fact it's a good thing, but you do want to be sure that the Tories don't get any votes they are not entitled to. Generally, it's okay to point it out if you spot a vote being wrongly put on the Tory pile.

And that's it. I'm a bit surprised someone was harassing you not to forget to count a load of votes, because that is not what they are meant to do.
Oh it happened. And we were forewarned it would by the supervisor (forgot his official term) of our pod of tables. That was the only count I've done so I didn't know if it was standard behaviour, I assumed so given the supervisor's earlier heads up too. I'm away this year, I would be open to doing a count again but election day is too long for me, I'm not good at being stuck indoors without a breather, but mostly I don't fancy doing battle 12 hours in to a long 15 hour shift with people who have forgot their ID, or unaware. 14% are unaware apparently. They either don't have a TV or always watch catch up and skip the ad breaks that have regular reminders about voter ID.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:44 pm Dire news for the Tories from Bet 365
You'll have to explain that for some of us.
By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:10 am
The numbers on the left are how many seats the Tories will win. The ones on the right are the odds. The favourite is for them to get between 50-99.
By Youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:10 am
It’s a little more complicated than 200/1 means you have 0.5% chance of winning but not much when odds are that high
https://news.williamhill.com/betting-gu ... ained/?amp

If I had £500 to spend in the bookies I’d spread bet on the five highest odds as I’d be too be busy laughing to care if none of my bets came in.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]