:laughing: 100 %
By Andy McDandy
Youngian wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:31 pm Churchill was a woke globalist. Here we go again. Farage will expel him and do his stock quote that people like him aren’t welcome. But strangely keeps attracting this dross.
Oswald Moseley would always have a heckler at the start of his speeches demanding that all Jews or Romani or whoever should be killed. He would than loudly and clearly instruct his minders to eject the guy from the hall, saying he didn't want any of that. And then carrying on with a more subtle version of kill the bastards.

Fargle did this back in the run-up to 2015, and the referendum. Seems he's still doing it. I'm not saying he copied it from Moseley, just that it's exactly the same tactic.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:54 pm "Peace with Hitler to preserve the empire" wasn't an unknown opinion on the Tory Right back in the day. Alan Clark argued that. John Charmley wrote a best selling book that argued it.
Enoch Powell was almost in this camp as well. Charmley’s books are well written and insightful until you reach his conclusions and wonder if he’s off his rocker.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
I'm trying to remember why I bought Churchill: The End of Glory. I'm sure it was reduced, but so are lots of books. I was probably I don't now) thinking of its controversy in a "be good to challenge myself" way. Well, I got a very good read out of it, and I can't remember reading the controversial bit.

I did the same sort of thing with Eminent Churchillians by Andrew Roberts. I could barely do 3 pages of that. Andrew Roberts is the reason I gave up reading books "to challenge myself".
By Youngian
Read Charmley’s biographies for an MA module on Churchill and British global strategy. He convincingly strips away the myths about Churchill (the lone prophet Vs foolish Chamberlain) while not being a hatchet job.
Churchill had three battles from the backbenches with Baldwin and Chamberlain; one I can’t recall, Indian independence and investing limited defence resources on a new fleet of dreadnoughts over Chamberlain’s pish ideas to build new fangled fighter aircraft and funny electronic blip machines that can detect enemy planes from a distance. He lost all three battles and then had a cordial and supportive relationship with Chamberlain.
Last edited by Youngian on Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
Heavyweight policy analysis here from Farage. Never seen this variant of "my tax cut will pay for itself" before. That something like £1500 tax cut for everyone who earns over £20,000 a year. That's an enormous amount of people, the big majority of them taxed via PAYE, which costs the state a tiny amount.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]