:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Youngian
Starmer now needs to unbutton and show some passion. We saw a flash of it in the leader debate when defending the ECHR and the audience responded positively. He doesn’t have to be liked but why the gammony vox pop voters describe him as slimy and untrustworthy is a little difficult to fathom. Perhaps he reminds them of the boss, copper or teacher that caught them out on first base bullshitting when stuff goes missing.
By Watchman
Youngian wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:03 pm Andrea Jenkyn throws in her lot with Laurence Fox’s Reclaim Party. If you voted for this certifiable lunatic over Ed Balls, you don’t deserve to live.
https://x.com/thereclaimparty/status/17 ... Dkr8MiQKBg
Yes, but would Lozza shag her?
By satnav
I'd love to know how Jenkyn's and the other Tories who have taken cash from Reclaim can possibly stand on two manifestos at the same time. It just show how weak Sunak has become that this kind of stuff is allowed to happen. A strong leader would not allow this kind of nonsense.
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:02 pm
mattomac wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:53 am

The problem with some of the analysis of 1997 is it misses massive changes in some places, Bournemouth is an example, Cornwall another effectively Labour’s university policy changed places not to mention house prices and throw in where the Lib Dem’s haven’t been able to gain back a foothold.

Some places will need to be won for a majority but not every Blair seat. Cornwall for example I’ve met 50% of the Labour MPs that place has had.

It should have 2, maybe even 3 and some rumours of an outside chance of 4 on current polling.
I'm assuming you met Candy Atherton, right?

I hadn't thought of demographics being particularly helpful to Labour in Cornwall, but you're probably right. Also should be a fair bit of Brexit unwinding there too.
Yeah.

Having watched Spotlight every time I go home I’m really not surprised.

They struggle to find a positive angle.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Yeah, Sir Keir! You with your going after swing voters! Tory! Boo!

One of the best bits Jez did in 2017 was hammer the Government on cutting cops. I don't remember him doing that in 2019. Disaster duly followed. I said at the time that I suspected part of it was to make sure the new leader was stuck with as much Jez policy as possible.

By Bones McCoy
Watchman wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:16 pm
Youngian wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:03 pm Andrea Jenkyn throws in her lot with Laurence Fox’s Reclaim Party. If you voted for this certifiable lunatic over Ed Balls, you don’t deserve to live.
https://x.com/thereclaimparty/status/17 ... Dkr8MiQKBg
Yes, but would Lozza shag her?
Maybe next week, I hear he's on a losing streak.
By Arrowhead
Youngian wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:38 pm A higher Lib Dem vote won’t affect Labour’s tally apart from Sheffield Hallam and Labour in Cambridge getting a bit nervous. But it will mean less Tory seats.
Yep, the Lib Dems getting to within a few percentage points of the Tories would be an absolute disaster for Sunak. I'm more than happy for Labour to leak a few points in the Lib Dem direction if it means the Tories getting blown out of the water across much of Surrey, Oxfordshire and Cambridgeshire.

Can't see the Tories winning back those areas if they continue to spout their current culture war gibberish, either.
Youngian liked this
By Youngian
Huge loss of trust and faith in politicians among Leave voters, according to a survey highlighted on R4Today. They got the politicians they deserved, no sympathy for their moaning.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv223kzq6r9o.amp
Last edited by Youngian on Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]