:sunglasses: 32 % :pray: 16 % :laughing: 36 % :cry: 12 % :🤗 4 %
By davidjay
kreuzberger wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:05 pm That's music to my ears.

Namely, in the form of The Beatles pleasing with the fifth one to stand in in a crisis, only to find out that he is doing backing vox for Kajagoogoo in Dunstable.
The Beatles did have a stand-in drummer. Jimmie Nicol replaced Ringo for two weeks in 1964; he later said it affected his mental health and didn't do his career much good.
By Tubby Isaacs
Penny Mordaunt is quite a bit more popular with Tory voters, and did the debate the other night (I presume as recognition of that fact, even though it should have been Dowden). I reckon she'd take the job, not Cameron. She could easily lose her seat under Sunak's leadership, so she might as well if it she gets the chance.
By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:41 pm Penny Mordaunt is quite a bit more popular with Tory voters, and did the debate the other night (I presume as recognition of that fact, even though it should have been Dowden). I reckon she'd take the job, not Cameron. She could easily lose her seat under Sunak's leadership, so she might as well if it she gets the chance.
Do you think she will hang on to Fabricant's syrup until after July 4th?
By Dalem Lake
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Penny Mordaunt is quite a bit more popular with Tory voters, and did the debate the other night (I presume as recognition of that fact, even though it should have been Dowden). I reckon she'd take the job, not Cameron. She could easily lose her seat under Sunak's leadership, so she might as well if it she gets the chance.
But then she'd end up replacing Truss in the history books as the UK's shortest lasting PM. I wouldn't take it. :lol:
Oboogie liked this
By davidjay
Dalem Lake wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:52 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Penny Mordaunt is quite a bit more popular with Tory voters, and did the debate the other night (I presume as recognition of that fact, even though it should have been Dowden). I reckon she'd take the job, not Cameron. She could easily lose her seat under Sunak's leadership, so she might as well if it she gets the chance.
But then she'd end up replacing Truss in the history books as the UK's shortest lasting PM. I wouldn't take it. :lol:
It could swing a few votes her way and help keep her seat.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:26 am
mattomac wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:36 am Has to stay as PM all this would do is replace the figurehead of the campaign.
Plenty of Tory antics in the past eight years are unheard off. Hopefully Tories have given up the will to live so Sunak stays.
It's the constant abuse of the "good chap" standards that have inspired some of my more outlandish speculation in this thread.

It's beginning to look as though Sunak's now being deployed in a "prince in the tower" strategy.
Yes, he's still here.
No you can't see him.
He chooses to remain within his walled garden.

What is a walled garden (software).

https://www.techtarget.com/searchsecuri ... led-garden
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Nigredo
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:36 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:25 pm Or, as a parent once told me at an open evening, Henry had 8 wives, which was why he was called Henry the VIII.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some people.
And it’s the ones who think they deserve a fucking medal for flaunting their patriotism (small minded nationalism to be accurate) that have a distinct lack of curiosity about their own country’s history.
When the National Trust try to convey history as it actually happened (oiled by the blood of the lower castes of society), it gets frothily dismissed as "woke".
By Tubby Isaacs
Dalem Lake wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:52 pm
Would she have to take the PM job? When John Major invited the leadership challenge, he stayed as PM but remained as PM. Could Mordaunt be leader of the Conservative Party and de facto candidate for PM after the election, while Sunak remained as PM?

If Mordaunt was seen to have kept the score down, perhaps she'd be in a decent position to be LOTO. On the other hand, she might not fancy that, with Braverman and co instantly on her case.
By Malcolm Armsteen
The quality of mercy is not 'strained;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'T is mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown:
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthronèd in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice.
By Youngian
Oh well, back to writing for Spiked and Tufton Street press releases
‘D-day was the final straw’: Sunak’s blunders ignite Tory party fury

The spads and clown advisers who are making these decisions will never work on so much as a Tory councillor’s campaign again in their lifetime,” said one irate Conservative source.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ar ... 019Qr43Ykm
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]