:sunglasses: 32 % :pray: 16 % :laughing: 36 % :cry: 12 % :🤗 4 %
By Yug
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:25 pm Or, as a parent once told me at an open evening, Henry had 8 wives, which was why he was called Henry the VIII.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some people.
I'm 'Enery the eighth I am
'Enery the eighth I am I am
I just got married to the widder next door
She's been married seven times before
Every one was an 'Enery
She wouldn't 'ave a Willie or a Sam
I'm 'er eighth old man called' Enery
'Enery the eighth I am
By Philip Marlow
Oboogie wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:53 am
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:12 am That D Day dodgers song is an unfortunate side effect of a national media policy to only print upbeat news. The Italian campaign was an horrendous struggle.
The phrase "D-Day Dodgers" was coined by Lady Nancy Astor MP who did indeed "talk a load of piss". It was an outrageous slur on the men fighting in Italy, as you say a very bloody campaign, implying they were somehow cowardly for not being in Normandy - as if they even had a choice as to where her government sent them!
Massive antisemite into the bargain of course. All things considered, I’m not sure that statue of her was entirely a good idea.
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:05 pm Chris Mason was really sticking the boot into Sunak on the 6 o'clock news. Sunak's constituents and D-day veterans were all asked their opinion on Sunak leaving the D-day event early. I reckon after tonight's TV debate Reform could easily overtake the Tories in the opinion polls.
Maybe a few points left available to Lab or LDs but it’s likely the moderate Tory vote has completely flown.
By Abernathy
Could it really be possible that the Tories could ditch Sunak and install an emergency interim leader before polling day ? A fortnight ago, I’d have viewed the prospect as absurdly unlikely. Now, I’m not quite so certain.
By Yug
How to lose an election part.. God. I've lost count

Rishi Sunak has laughed at a joke about GPs after a doctor shouted at him over the state of the NHS.

The prime minister was speaking at a rally in Wiltshire on Friday when the woman - understood to be Dr Jane Lees-Millais - began questioning government policies that see patients being sent to other primary care staff, rather than GPs.

Politics live: New poll shows what people think of Sunak's early exit from D-Day

A GP herself, Dr Millais claimed the NHS was "disintegrating", adding: "The country is not stupid. They know when lesser qualified people are being used to conduct consultations which are massively complex."

But when she was then heckled by a man shouting, "most GPs spend more time on holiday than in the surgery, love", Mr Sunak laughed...

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/rishi-su ... g-13149506
Yes, Mr Sunak. It's absolutely hilarious how the NHS has turned to shit under your government's mismanagement and that people can't even get to see a GP now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]