:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 10 % :laughing: 60 %
By Andy McDandy
We're a third of the way in, and so far it's feeling pretty flat. Perhaps it's an effect of the last few years of turmoil, but I'm not sensing much 'fizz' about either of the main campaigns. Understandable - the Tories have little to crow about, and Labour don't want to get complacent or looking as if they're taking anything for granted.

I imagine the big milestone will be the deadline for nominations - mainly to see how much of a problem the Tories have and how many seats they won't be able to contest.
By Watchman
I believe the cut-off for nominations is Friday, need to get a wriggle on

Tories need to find a new candidate in Bridgend. Magistrate Sam Trask had made what is described as lurid comments on an online forum

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 57976.html
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:36 pm It will be interesting to see when the Tories are going to start putting more effort into attacking Reform now that Reform are breathing down their necks in the polls. Surely the Tories must have plenty of dirt on Farage and Tice.
All I see from them is "Starmer and his new taxes".
Re-heating the old lie.

I can't wait till it's "Taxi for Sunak".
By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm hearing that Labour is 3 points ahead in Sutton & Cheam.

Taxi for Paul Scully?
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:45 am We're a third of the way in, and so far it's feeling pretty flat. Perhaps it's an effect of the last few years of turmoil, but I'm not sensing much 'fizz' about either of the main campaigns. Understandable - the Tories have little to crow about, and Labour don't want to get complacent or looking as if they're taking anything for granted.

I imagine the big milestone will be the deadline for nominations - mainly to see how much of a problem the Tories have and how many seats they won't be able to contest.
Good. The flatter, the better. The less fuss and noise, the less people will change their mind.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Crabcakes
With Sunak’s D-Day fuck-up, and the revelation he didn’t want to go at all and was strongly advised to go, I’m convinced he’s self-sabotaging to get out of the job without being ousted, so he can blame the state of the party/country he inherited from his predecessors (which, while not without merit, is also no excuse for his own abysmal display).

There is no way on earth a Tory leader - or indeed any leader - snubs a WW2 event. It’s his core vote age-wise (well, them and their kids).
By Bones McCoy
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:46 am With Sunak’s D-Day fuck-up, and the revelation he didn’t want to go at all and was strongly advised to go, I’m convinced he’s self-sabotaging to get out of the job without being ousted, so he can blame the state of the party/country he inherited from his predecessors (which, while not without merit, is also no excuse for his own abysmal display).

There is no way on earth a Tory leader - or indeed any leader - snubs a WW2 event. It’s his core vote age-wise (well, them and their kids).
He's no Churchill, is he?
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:46 am With Sunak’s D-Day fuck-up, and the revelation he didn’t want to go at all and was strongly advised to go, I’m convinced he’s self-sabotaging to get out of the job without being ousted, so he can blame the state of the party/country he inherited from his predecessors (which, while not without merit, is also no excuse for his own abysmal display).

As someone (might have been you) has noted, Santa has come early this year. Every day of this election campaign feels like Christmas.
davidjay liked this
By Oboogie
You know I'm turning into such a softie in my old age, I just caught myself feeling sorry* for Penny Mordant having to defend this lot tonight. She's facing six of them ganging up on her...they're going to make her cry.

* It's ok, I've pulled myself together and am looking forward to seeing her get a kicking now. :D
kreuzberger liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]