:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
Major cut his teeth as a councillor in a less than salubrious part of London. He put in the hard yards and paid his dues. Sunak was parachuted into one of the safest Tory seats in the country, without as much as sitting in on a parish council meeting.
By Killer Whale
That's verging on conspiracy theory territory. I'm more inclined to think that he made a lot of money at a hedge fund, thought that meant he was clever, realised that he didn't really need more money having married a billionaire, so decided politics might be an appropriate 'challenge' for such an intelligent individual.
By satnav
The latest line from the Tories appears to be that they can hang on to the cash from Frank Hester because they have accepted his apology for his racist remarks. Is it really in the gift of the Tories to accept his apology? Surely the only person who is in a position to accept his apology is Diane Abbott.
By Abernathy
Well, Hester did apologise, but not for racist and misogynist remarks, nor for calling for Diane Abbott to be shot. He apologised for “being rude” to Abbott.

Which of course makes a total nonsense of the Tories’ claims that they’re going to hang onto Hester’s 15 million quid, as it’s right to forgive someone showing contrition.
By Bones McCoy
Killer Whale wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:03 pm That's verging on conspiracy theory territory. I'm more inclined to think that he made a lot of money at a hedge fund, thought that meant he was clever, realised that he didn't really need more money having married a billionaire, so decided politics might be an appropriate 'challenge' for such an intelligent individual.
Never underestimate the influence and obligation of family where south Asian businesses are concerned.
By davidjay
Much as I'm enjoying their current troubles, one thing does concern me. If the Tories keep falling out Labour may well get another fifteen years in power but at the end of that, if the grown-ups aren't in charge we could have Reform or similar as the opposition. And from there they will invariably one day form a government. Once that happens there's no going back.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:08 pm Alicia Kearns standing out from the general low standards again.

Is it too late for her to join the Lib Dems? Or for her constituency party to defect en masse to Reform, more likely?

Tories have traditionally kept a balanced perspective on the Middle East which Gulf state leaders and the Israelis understood the Realpolitik of and wasn’t controversial. Peter Hitchens and Rory Stewart (if ever there was an FO Arabist) are a couple of names on the right that have asked why this blank cheque for Israel policy has developed.
Nothing too deep I suspect, wacky evangelical politics of their GOP mates seeping through and ‘hey let’s back Israel every time then we can call Labour antisemitic.’
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
kreuzberger wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:49 pm She's clearly on manoeuvres, too. Yesterday, she was banging on about religious messaging on railway information boards and doing her best to secure airtime.

Horrible, superficial harridan, that she is.
I saw her talking about a "prayer" on a board. Was it actually a prayer? Can't have been all that long.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]