:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Watchman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:15 pm Another sane one gives up. Tracey Crouch.
At first I thought, what’s Peter’s misses, done
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:17 pm And another Trumper. John Hayes.

How does leaving a regional trade bloc to join one East of Suez promote economic security?
Hayes seems to think the UK would get preferable advantages from American hyper power if international institutionalism was destroyed. Even Churchill gave up on the myth of a junior partner in an Anglo-Saxon global hegemony nearly a a century ago.
If anyone is doing well out of US tariffs on China, its the US’s lower cost NAFTA partner Mexico.
Donald Trump’s tariffs-based “America first” approach to economic matters was derided as protectionism by those globalists who see their creed as a rising tide that lifts all boats and are happy to see the US and UK flooded with cheap imports. Yet, what he advocates is precisely what Britons realised is needed during the pandemic: greater economic resilience through more control over critical national industries and supply chains
By Andy McDandy
I doubt they believe in America First or whatever - that's just more snake oil for the marks. What they really believe in is asset stripping and running sweatshops on starvation wages and calling it freedom of choice.

Besides, we know where protectionism leads to - ground nuts and British Leyland. Shite for captive markets.
By Rosvanian
It always seems incredible to me that people John Hayes, a Tory MP and a member of the ultimate establishment elite club representing the interests of the most elite, doesn't appear to realise this. When he and those like him mention the working class I want to kick in the nads.
By Malcolm Armsteen
A very clear, intelligent and coherent opposition to the Rwanda Bill in the HoL by Ken Clarke. I disagree with him on almost all points (except this one) but respect a keen and lucid intelligence and an understanding of democracy. Sad to see that he is now in a wheelchair, though.
By Crabcakes
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:22 pm Inflation not rising and pay growth beating inflation. This truly has never happened before. I'm sure Reform will go home now.

Wonder if he has updated this given the announcement of recession and that Tory mayor’s comments?
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Bones McCoy
Fortunately for the Tories, Copium is now available in pint bottles.

Conservativehome is split:
* Obvious ReformUK shills suggest Tory candidates should step aside for Reform.
* Real Conservatives (TM) pressing the need for more realer conservatism: Boris, boats and bastardry.
* Some announcing that the next election is lost and it's time to look to 5 years ahead.

I get the feeling there'll be a Challenge to Sunak's leadership within a fortnight.
By Spoonman
The big problem for the Conservatives as I see it isn't that the traditional main Conservative voting block (small government, duty of office, rule of law etc.) has left the party, it's that the current Conservative party has left them. Getting into a pissing contest with Reform isn't gonna win them back, no matter what Frost or whatever fringe Conservative grouping thinks by being even bigger cunts than what they already are.

While the chances of it happening are still small, I'd love to see the current Tories get an almighty wipeout akin to the Progressive Conservatives in the 1993 Canadian Federal Election, in that it would essentially kill them off for good (though it would also likely leave a nastier party also called Reform in its wake). They fully deserve it
Andy McDandy liked this
By Crabcakes
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:43 am Now do the Greens and Labour.

I never get takes like this - it’s basically saying “if the outcome had been entirely different, there would have been an entirely different outcome”. It’s not like who was standing was a secret and people are now openly facepalming and saying “If only I’d known there was a Tory candidate I’d have voted for them”
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Yug
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:22 pm Yeah, I'm sure the sixth leader in eight years will fix it. They'll romp home on the back of real Conservative spending cuts.

Point 2 above probably would work with the traditional Conservative voters. The big problem is, where are they going to find *proper* Conservatives among the disgusting pile of buman waste who have taken over the parliamentary Party?
By Crabcakes
Spoonman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:36 pm As I just said, a pissing contest with Reform rather than actual attempt to win back centrist & One Nation Tories. Why go for the diet option when Reform offers full-fat arseholery?

This isn’t even ‘changing course’ either - it’s just demands to be more cruel and shitty, faster. Probably because they know their window to fuck things up is rapidly closing.
Spoonman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]