:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
Yup, it's Aaron Eckhart/Thank You for Smoking again. Big up freedom and your faith in the common sense of the decent British voter. Because while we all know there are plenty of morons out there, nobody thinks of themselves as one.
By RedSparrows
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:38 pm Though of course this assumes that it’s intended to work in a regular political sense. Maybe the point is transatlantic wingnut welfare.
My colourful and not entirely clear metaphor for this is as follows:

Jabba is the big slug of conceit. This conceit is the rot at the heart of everything: entrenched privilege, debased morality, abject materialism, hidebound traditionalism, hatred, prejudice, etc - everything that feeds the bastards who run us.

Jabba is hungry. Always hungry. So he needs feeding. And the wenches and dejected are encouraged to feed it. It'll make us all strong! Keep throwing it all at this maw, keep the conceit alive, because it's a roof over your head, isn't it?

And who's doing the encouraging, and taking the scraps, and cackling all the way? Jabba's little friend. That little prick's been cackling for decades now. That's the wingnut contingent.

---

I appreciate this is an abysmal metaphor, but Jabba's little friend irks me.
By Crabcakes
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:39 am Sam Freedman makes it 59 standing down (including the 4 who are independents). Reckons it could be 100 by the election time, but I don't see that.
I think the most pathetic thing is that so many of them are doing so because they are mentally unable to accept losing a vote and - finally - as such being held in some small way accountable for their actions and the actions of their party.
By Andy McDandy
Crabcakes wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:04 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:39 am Sam Freedman makes it 59 standing down (including the 4 who are independents). Reckons it could be 100 by the election time, but I don't see that.
I think the most pathetic thing is that so many of them are doing so because they are mentally unable to accept losing a vote and - finally - as such being held in some small way accountable for their actions and the actions of their party.
Also kick-starts the "if only..." myth. Everything could have been so different, but those kids who stood for election just weren't good enough...
By Watchman
Just when you think they couldn’t get any worse, but looking at these specimens and reading their mealy-mouthed apologies, I have nothing but hatred for them

Armsteen’s Law applies
Last edited by Watchman on Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattomac liked this
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:41 pm The caring Tories!

Outrage as Warwickshire councillors call for a 'return to the ways of the past' when disabled children were put in institutions and 'dealt with by whatever means' - and suggest children with ADHD need 'strict correction'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ction.html
One of those elusive Brexit bonuses is that Tories haven’t tried to disguise who they are since 2016. Where’s the love?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:20 pm I don't recognise any of the names. The Warwickshire tory councillors I worked with from 2012 to 2014 were one nation, basically decent sorts.
Long gone, I suspect.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Rishi Sunak reminds me of small boys standing in my office blubbing as they point to a mysterious puddle of wet shit in their pants and expecting me to sort it out.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ry-lettuce

Listen up, you primitive screwheads! It's Marina putting the ire in satire.
Regrettably, noises off to the production included the former Truss chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, announcing this very morning that he would not be standing again at the next election. I see. Someone who went to university with Kwarteng told me of the night he slept on their student house sofa after a party, vomited on it, then simply got up and left in the morning without cleaning it up. In many ways the country now lives on that sofa.
Popular Conservatives are mindful that certain high-profile supporters (Andrea Jenkyns) really put the moron into oxymoron. Either way, they’ve chosen as leader a person that no one normal has ever heard of: Mark Littlewood, former Lib Dem press officer turned libertarian thinktanker turned … whatever this is.
I can’t help feeling that other ironies are very much available – and that only at this particular auto-satirical stage of public life could someone outlasted by a lettuce be casting the shortest prime ministership ever as her salad days.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... eps-giving

And there's more! John Crace joins the fray!
Politicians like Liz don’t come round that often. Once in a generation. If that. So we ought to savour her when we can.

What Radon Liz – she’s a gas, but she’s inert – lacks in ability she more than compensates for in self-belief. Where she gets this confidence from, no one knows. It’s not even clear if she’s technically alive. Attach an EEG to either side of her head and you will only intermittently pick up a signal.

The woman who is suspicious of the deep state is in one herself. Only hers is unconsciousness.
No matter that in a recent poll Truss came out as by far the least popular Tory politician, with a favourability rating of -54%. To put that in perspective, Rishi Sunak only scores at -27% and people really don’t like him.

But Liz just sees this as a challenge. In her mind, all that’s wrong is that people haven’t had enough time to really get to know her.
Lord Frost. Yet to be right about anything. His presence must have planted some self-doubt in all the others. And loitering at the back, the ever more reptilian Nigel Farage. Trying to work out how best to play the odds for his own advantage.
The country had been taken over by a shadowy group of Commie Illuminati. Literally. Every part of life, from the government, the markets to the judiciary had been seized by leftwing extremists. Like the head of the IMF.
Lee Anderson. Full-time GB News presenter and part-time MP. He didn’t mention how he had campaigned for Jeremy Corbyn in 2017. Rather he complained about every environmental initiative while saying he quite liked the idea of clean air. Hypocrite or halfwit? You decide.
More shadowy lefties everywhere you looked. The only people you could trust were in this room. Perhaps not even all of them, though.

We were at a time of maximum peril. There were unelected wrecking-balls everywhere you looked. Including in the mirror. No one remembers voting for Liz. Hysterically, she ended by asking for democratic accountability.
Spoonman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]