:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:19 am
davidjay wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:43 pm All this being equal they're looking at ten years in Opposition. I can't imagine any of the current front runners being content with wasting time in the Shadow Cabinet when there are consultancies and directorships to be had,
Nonetheless, I don't think you turn down LOTO. It comes with a handy salary supplement. And if you think "fuck it. I'll wait 10 years", then you run the risk of being eclipsed by a Cameron figure who looks fresher than you do.

Don't think there's anything to stop other Shadow Cabinet figures from having outside earnings. William Hague for instance was allowed to.
I think it's more a case of getting out of politics altogether and earning big money rather than sitting on the sidelines being forgotten.
By Samanfur
Abernathy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:52 pm Yes, I remember Dan Quayle. Total chump.

Mind you, Donald Trump makes Dan look like Roosevelt.
Quayle was a chump in office, but I can't forget these days that he was also the person that Mike Pence 'phoned for advice about what to do on January 6th, when Trump wanted him to refuse to certify the election result.

If Quayle hadn't assured him that he should tell Trump where to go, we'd probably've been looking at an even bigger mess.
By kreuzberger
I wonder, too, how many have read the current and recently softened FCO travel advisory which, in a nutshell, boils down to, "fuck that for a game of soldiers."

The first time I was there was during the hiatus between 300 miners losing their lives and the march across the "new" bridge by Fene and Gala fans. The mood was nothing if not twitchy.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Samanfur
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:25 pm Our old favourite. Jake Berry. It's almost like foreign tourists are treated different to people who've sought asylum or something.
Once again, I'm ashamed to be represented in parliament by this waste of carbon.
By Watchman
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:10 pm What's the next generation going to be like? On this evidence, not great.

Anti-lockdown, surely that’s last year’s thing, unless she’s expecting another “plague”
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]