:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:58 pm Is it me or have the Conservative retirements slowed down? Anyway, one more, the relatively sane Oliver Heald (North East Herts). The way things are going the Tories will be rounding up activists from the Red Wall to send them to campaign in the Home Counties.
I think all the ones that were going have gone by now; getting in early to put the right feelers out. Directorships don't offer themselves.
By Youngian
No one in this government deserves to be paid. You can purchase a semi detached in Freeman’s constituency for under £180K
A Tory former minister has revealed that he quit the role last year because he could not afford rising mortgage repayments on a ministerial salary of nearly £120,000.
George Freeman resigned as science minister in November amid Rishi Sunak’s Cabinet reshuffle.
In a Substack blog post last week, he wrote: “Why did I stand down?
“Because my mortgage rises this month from £800pcm to £2,000, which I simply couldn’t afford to pay on a Ministerial salary. https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 35549.html
By soulboy
A quick Google search later
On a £120,000 salary, your take home pay will be £72,950 after tax and National Insurance. This equates to £6,079 per month and £1,403 per week.
The Party of Fiscal Responsibility and they have ministers who can't get by on a bag a week after their mortgage payment.
By Andy McDandy
Buried in his statement is something about a painful divorce, and the cost of caring for his parents. Some sympathy, but looking at his record in government (he described people trying to enforce the NMW as being driven by the politics of envy, for instance), that's mitigated by a feeling that he's reaping what he sowed.

Besides, he was the guy behind the Tory Glastonbury idea so ha ha ha and fuck him.
By Crabcakes
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:09 pm Ed Davey ought to be heading out the door too on that evidence.
I suspect the fact ED is caught up in the PO scandal is behind the 8% LD drop. I have some limited sympathy for Ed Davey as getting in bed with the Tories was Nick Clegg’s ego’s decision ultimately, but the Tory coalition really is the gift that keeps on taking. (Though that sympathy runs out pretty fast based on his inaction in the very role that could have done something.)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]