:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Watchman
The Conservative MP Giles Watling has published a statement on his website suggesting he would like to see British troops deployed in northern France to stop the boats.

Taken from his web-site:-

“It is undeniable that we need to police our borders and strengthen them. Fundamentally, it is perfectly acceptable that those who are not here legally should be deported to have their cases assessed – we cannot reward those who break the rules and I welcome the Government finally getting to grips with this issue.

However, and despite intense lobbying from colleagues of mine on both sides of the party, I am afraid I simply could not support any amendments to this Bill. This is not because I did not agree with them in principle, but simply because I do not believe that this Bill goes far enough – even with the proposed amendments, should they have passed.

The Home Office has demonstrated time and again that it is either unwilling or unable to grapple with the scale of the challenge facing it, and to that extent I believe it is time that it is relieved of the responsibility of policing our borders and instead the issue is handed to the Ministry of Defence. This is after all a defence of the realm matter and we need British boots on the ground.

Our borders must be stronger, and in order to achieve that we must explore negotiating with our continental neighbours, pointing out that they would regain control of their overrun towns from Dunkirk to Boulogne if they allow that, in addition to the people we already have in their command and control centres, we put British boots on the ground in Northern France to assist their efforts.

This is a relatively small piece of coastline with only a few practical places to launch these boats. We have drone technology and efficient armed forces. We should easily be able to stop the boats from even reaching the beaches and destroy them. In a very short time I believe that the migration route will stop. We will save lives, free up the French ports and stop illegal entry in this manner.

All it requires is determination and diplomacy of the highest order."

I can't add anymore to that
By Bones McCoy
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:43 am They may be aiming for the moron vote, but unfortunately for them it looks like morons are a dying breed. 27 points clear, and they’d be left with 41 MPs in the latest YouGov poll!

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/ ... held-today
It's a strategy, but one that risks dividing the morons between Reform, Revoke, Renenge, UKIP, SDP, Tommeh's latest creation and the Tories.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]