:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
The lad's got standards.

Although, to paraphrase Hawkeye Pierce, the devil has nothing on Dacre; because everyone who does a deal with him knows what they're doing, everyone who encounters him in hell sort of deserves it. But Dacre? He just seeps in everywhere.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Oozes.

Like a chancre.
Andy McDandy liked this
By Watchman
I’m not sure if this is the most desperate, or most stupid thing, I’ve read recently

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -plan.html
By Abernathy
It undoubtedly is both. And surely totally unlikely to happen.

It would be a bit like bringing back Harold Shipman , with Rose West as his deputy.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
slilley wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:53 pm

My wife has had two graduation ceremonies and tells me the national anthem was not played at either.

Like the child identifying as a cat or something,this seems to be more made up culture war nonsense.
Some twat in Bristol uni ConSoc noticed that the graduation programme had no mention of the national anthem. Gets in touch with the Mail, or CCHQ, and they cook up this "BANNED!" nonsense. As the saying goes, this is scoundrels taking refuge.
By Andy McDandy
Re. Mone, aside from her general dodginess (seriously, look her up - so many bits of iffiness), the thing that gets me is why is nobody asking why there was this "VIP lane" in the first place? Just a reminder, it wasn't open to established providers, but to "politically connected" ones.

So while Gove bleats about the rules being followed and it was a very difficult time, like that should be an acceptable excuse, the existence of that network, coupled with all these oven ready companies sitting in desk drawers, just waiting for the opportunity, just stinks of endemic corruption.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
And it is what the system of preferred providers was designed to prevent.

Preferred Providers have been tested, have supplied before and have been subject to due diligence, including value for money. The people who were specifically excluded in this case.
By Abernathy
Mone is so very obviously as bent as a nine bob note. But she’s just another clinger-on to the utterly corrupt Tory cash grab of the last 14 years or so, who will probably get off scot-free - “panic attacks” or otherwise. Like so much of this crap, it’s an absolute disgrace, and certainly gives you the dry boak.

It’s going to take a long time to get back to normal, decent standards in government, if we ever can. The damage wrought by Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak has been just awful.
Andy McDandy, Oboogie, Spoonman and 3 others liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:23 pm Yeah, preferred providers is a logical thing, and has been around for ages. It stops people winning contracts who can't deliver them. This VIP lark is completely different.

That was my point.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]