:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By AOB
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:13 pm Mr. Goodtimes has just said we might soon hit 50,000 cases a day soon and that he’s ditching all restrictions in the same press conference making it personal choice. Even for him, a staggering abdication of responsibility.
It depends on whether hospitalisations and deaths increase in line, though. 50k isn't as bad as 50k in January, thanks to the vaccines.

I don't agree with the people questioning here that 19 July is a significant unlocking. 17 May was the major one. They're letting people come and go from Ibiza now. This means anything on 19 July is white noise.
By AOB
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:34 pm The 19th is significant because it’s the day when the official policy becomes “it’s your fault”.
Was it ever any different? Look at the Christmas debacle. The Mail gleefully printing photos of queues at train stations, along the lines of "look at these selfish cunts trying to get home for Christmas" , when Boris had just whipped the carpet from under their feet at a moment"s notice. This to entice a tut tut response.

I'm a big believer in the vaccines due to the statistics thus far. I don't think the NHS will be overwhelmed after 19 July. All the rest is political. I'm only interested in the people.
It was decided as soon as he read Ayn Rand.

(See Obz's sig line)
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm I think any Brit considering a foreign holiday this year needs a Plan B. Having seen that presser, Governments around the world will be drawing up legislation to put the UK on the banned list.
What an absolute clusterfuck. It will be all the fault of Johnny Foreigner, of course but, with me, it is now personal.

My kids (adults) are booked to come at the end of September for my 60th and we have flights and delightful accommodation sorted for a weekend with more friends out in the Brandenburg hinterland. That must be in danger now. Who in their right mind would welcome visitors from Plague Island after today's announcements?

Party of law and order, my arse.
Oboogie, AOB, Nigredo liked this
By AOB
The All New KevS wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:38 pm Well, it's not as if there's a chance of a load of beered up types hugging and jumping on each other. I mean, it's not Christmas.

Oh, wait.
In a similar vein, Jermaine Jenas was chuckling about the amount of England fans in Rome during Saturday's Ukraine game, "they always find a way ha ha".

Fucking hell. Liverpool fans were killing grannies last summer for daring to go to Anfield the night they win the league. England fans though.."haha, they always find a way!' Those scamps! Liverpool fans though.... murderers for not wanting null and void!
By AOB
kreuzberger wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:06 pm
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:46 pm I think any Brit considering a foreign holiday this year needs a Plan B. Having seen that presser, Governments around the world will be drawing up legislation to put the UK on the banned list.
What an absolute clusterfuck. It will be all the fault of Johnny Foreigner, of course but, with me, it is now personal.

My kids (adults) are booked to come at the end of September for my 60th and we have flights and delightful accommodation sorted for a weekend with more friends out in the Brandenburg hinterland. That must be in danger now. Who in their right mind would welcome visitors from Plague Island after today's announcements?

I don't understand how today's announcement has affected you? I think the UK has done well with vaccines. What is your alternative solution to all this? I'm not saying that in an argumentative way, genuinely asking.
Because if we harmonised our transmission reduction strategies with Europe (ie banning flights from India earlier) they would not see us as plague island. Because we are now a variant factory.

I look at Flight Radar from time to time (usually to find out who that noisy bastard is) and there are still plenty of flights from South Asia).
AOB, Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
I was looking forward to two things this summer; hosting #1 son and family at our house in France and visiting #2 son in Copenhagen. Now - no chance. But it could have been, if we didn't have a spoiled narcissist in charge of a motley collection of stupid bedwetters.
By Oboogie
AOB wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:49 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:06 pm

I don't understand how today's announcement has affected you? I think the UK has done well with vaccines. What is your alternative solution to all this? I'm not saying that in an argumentative way, genuinely asking.
Germany currently has a ban on Brits, such as Kreuzie's kids, visiting. Do you think the UK abandoning all COVID measures makes it more or less likely that the German government will lift their ban on Brits by September?
AOB wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:49 pm
We (the NHS) have done an amazing job with vaccine rollout. The problem is Johnson has decided that that is all we’ll do. Only 50% of the population are fully vaccinated, of those many are very recent so won’t have had the 3 weeks needed to get up to strength, the delta variant has greater vaccine escape, and younger people with only 1 or no vaccines may get milder disease but can also get long covid, which is appalling. There should be measures retained in indoor retail and on public transport, a strong border check and quarantine setup, and rapid test, track and trace. And we should not relax until we have all of them. Instead we have most Tory voters double jabbed and keen to get back down the golf club and keen to get their inner city lets populated, so fuck everyone else.
Oboogie liked this
There's going to be a load of people who now think "fuck it, why wait another two weeks?" and ditch everything now.

And in those two weeks we've got:

The remainder of Wimbledon (6 days x 20k)
Three games at Wembley (3 x 60k)
Three days of capacity crowds at Silverstone (3 x 150k)

Happy days. :roll:
Oboogie liked this
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:53 pm Germany currently has a ban on Brits, such as Kreuzie's kids, visiting. Do you think the UK abandoning all COVID measures makes it more or less likely that the German government will lift their ban on Brits by September?
Quite unfathomably, DE has today downgraded the risk from UK, meaning that, if you're max-vaxxed, you're allowed in without the need to quarantine.

Some questions remain; what documentation can the Brits show as the border when not part of our EU certification system? Are these visitors exempt from the "only in emergencies" general rule for being allowed in? Buggered if I know.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]