:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
"Nice civil list you've got there, shame if anything happened to it..."

Given the general mood in many quarters that the only royals who matter (aside from Chas and Cammy) are Wills, Nice Kate and their brood, this might have some heft.
By satnav
Bob Stewart had former appeal court judge Baroness Elizabeth Butler-Sloss as a character witness. She said "He is given to saying things that are unwise but his heart is absolutely in the right place." Is having your heart in the right place now considered an acceptable defence when being accused of racism?
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:45 pm Here's another winner. Not a policy on homelessness, but a policy on the tents that some homeless people live in.

Now, contrast with this;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c72j9l0yrego
Reading Borough Council unanimously agreed to seek government funding to help pay for the housing scheme to tackle homelessness during a meeting on Monday.

The authority is aiming to buy six properties to re-home individuals, which would require a total spend of £1.185m.

The six homes would be provided as part of the council's Housing First project.
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:30 pm Bob Stewart had former appeal court judge Baroness Elizabeth Butler-Sloss as a character witness. She said "He is given to saying things that are unwise but his heart is absolutely in the right place." Is having your heart in the right place now considered an acceptable defence when being accused of racism?
them Kray twins were lovely to their mum, could leave your door unlocked......
By Tubby Isaacs
Yep.

Street homelessness in the US is disporportionately in states and cities run by Democrats, so Republicans get a political attack out of it. Lots of people who vote Republican probably will see it as a political competence thing (and they have a bit of a point). Braverman doesn't really have that- it's just "homeless people, the fuckers!" Much weaker.

By Watchman
There a no such thing as a “standard” homeless person, there are so many reasons a person becomes homeless, and they don’t all come from the “benefits class”
By Malcolm Armsteen
Braverman's performative cruelty to the most vulnerable is 'influenced' by what she knows will resonate and bolster support from the assorted primitives and sociopaths who now constitute the Conservative Party membership, raddled with UKIP and NF supporters.
She's talking to her own people.
Youngian, kreuzberger, davidjay and 2 others liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:22 pm Braverman's performative cruelty to the most vulnerable is 'influenced' by what she knows will resonate and bolster support from the assorted primitives and sociopaths who now constitute the Conservative Party membership, raddled with UKIP and NF supporters.
She's talking to her own people.
There's lots of that among Conservative members, for sure, but I thought it was interesting that Truss ran a fairly optimistic campaign, however demented it was. Braverman and Badenoch had a stronger emphasis on girls toilets but got gobbled up by Truss and her turbo growth message.

I don't think stuff like this will get Braverman over the line. Then again, what else does she have?
By Tubby Isaacs
I wouldn't be surprised if Sunak/ Hunt made some benefit cuts so that the next government will have a load more homelessness heading down the track. Major and Clarke were grim, not least on homelessness, but they weren't like this lot, and actually led on the economy at the election (not that it did them any good).
By Youngian
Truss ran a fairly optimistic campaign, however demented it was. Braverman and Badenoch had a stronger emphasis on girls toilets but got gobbled up by Truss and her turbo growth message.

I don't think stuff like this will get Braverman over the line.

I think it will. Truss was optimistic about taking less tax out of Tory voter pockets instead of spending their money on housing layabouts.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]