:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Crabcakes
Boiler wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:33 pm Aren't we heading into the realms of insanity here, as in repeating an action (changing the leader) and expecting a different result?
Yes, but on the other hand I bet a few of them fancy having their portrait in No. 10 and a lovely big pension for a few months ‘work’
By Oboogie
satnav wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:23 pm If they were able to find a leader who wasn't tainted with all their recent failures, that leader could call a snap election and benefit from a honeymoon bounce like Boris did. They probably wouldn't win but they could avert a landslide.
But the ERG won't nominate and membership won't vote for anybody who isn't tainted.
By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:27 am They have this idea that changing leaders somehow negates everything they have already done.
That was a management thing from the 90s - some new and arrogant twat with zero experience would rock up and tell you history starts with him and the past is irrelevant, before launching into how monkeys peel bananas.
By Crabcakes
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:27 am They have this idea that changing leaders somehow negates everything they have already done.
Thing is, it *could* be a fresh start in the hands of someone clever enough to do it properly and bring in a whole new raft of people. But with the current lot, all you get is a rehash of what you had before - Shapps, Gove, Hunt, Cleverley, Coffey, Braverman etc. All the same faces, with the same lack of competence, just in different slots.

You can’t make the case things will be different by employing the exact same people and sticking more or less to the exact same policies. Any new leader bounce they expect now would be heavily tempered if not wiped out by Tory fatigue. Especially as that ‘new’ leader is likely to be someone who has been in the cabinet anyway so is as fresh as month-old milk.
By Tubby Isaacs
The hopefully soon to be ex MP for Blackpool South here.

HS2 would have knocked nearly an hour off journeys to Preston from London and Birmingham. I'd have thought that might have been useful to a leisure resort like Blackpool, myself. Couldn't Scott's Tory mates in Buckinghamshire have shelled out for buses in Blackpool? I thought that was the point of levelling up?

By Crabcakes
“Feel” doing a tremendous amount of heavy lifting there.

As an opening gambit, there’s the hardwired response where your brain makes you perceive languages with a higher syllable rate (which is quite a lot - English is pretty slack) as louder, so you notice them more. But there’s also confirmation bias. And then plain old bigotry too.

I suspect Tom is trying to appeal to people in the latter category.
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:50 pm “Feel” doing a tremendous amount of heavy lifting there.

As an opening gambit, there’s the hardwired response where your brain makes you perceive languages with a higher syllable rate (which is quite a lot - English is pretty slack) as louder, so you notice them more. But there’s also confirmation bias. And then plain old bigotry too.

I suspect Tom is trying to appeal to people in the latter category.
It's always "feel". For an obvious reason.
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:50 pm “Feel” doing a tremendous amount of heavy lifting there.
As is “Lots of” people. A few thousand who might vote Reform in marginals like Ipswich. Has Tom any ideas why there’s less white faces on the high street in the past five years and what twats are responsible for it?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]