:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Yug
Boiler wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:00 am Yep, from an apologist elsewhere;
I’ve yet looked at hard numbers rather than turnout percentages, but I’m seeing the key result being for “none of the above”. Turnout for these is both sub-40%.

My hunch is that the key factor is Tory vote collapse rather than opposition win, with some noise caused by gammons r us, oops, Reform
And does the nice Mr Apologist explain why the Tory vote has collapsed?

Thought not.
By Boiler
Yug wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:18 am And does the nice Mr Apologist explain why the Tory vote has collapsed?

Thought not.
He went on to say;
If I’m right, then the interesting question is about what happens in a general election and what yesterday’s “missing” Tory voters do. I suspect, especially in Mid Beds, that there will be a flip back to the Tories in a “normal” election. Tamworth is harder to read as it was a Tory win in 2010 and the previous majority seems to have either been a Brexit effect, or a personal vote for a previously popular MP.
The mods edited my post telling Sunak to sling his hook because I referred to his short trousers.
By soulboy
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:21 am 1 year ago today Liz Truss resigned. The election results this morning seem the perfect way to mark the anniversary 😁
Speaking of anniversaries, according to Christopher Hope (yes, I know)
Letters of no confidence can be submitted in Tory leader Rishi Sunak from Wednesday, 12 months after he was appointed leader by MPs, under 1922 rules.

A Tory MP texts me: “Colleagues are in shock as they hoped the polls were wrong. Ominous silence in all MP WhatsApp groups.”
By Crabcakes
Oh man, I really hope they’re that stupid and try and oust him - because who’s next? Truss again? Braverman?

Any Tory who thinks that it’s just down to 1 person rather than a loathing of all of them, let alone that a THIRD change in PM and lengthy infighting session is going to do anything other than annihilate any remaining loyalty, is insane.

So yeah, I bet they do.
By Crabcakes
Youngian wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:19 am
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:21 am 1 year ago today Liz Truss resigned. The election results this morning seem the perfect way to mark the anniversary 😁
No by-elections were lost under Liz.
Under Liz Truss, you didn’t even need to buy a new calendar!
Yug liked this
By soulboy
Youngian wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:19 am
No by-elections were lost under Liz.
Yes. However her monarchs lost record hasn't been seen since Churchill's days.
Crabcakes liked this
By Andy McDandy
Under Liz Truss we had days off for royal funerals!

If they do go for a new leader, it'll make no difference whatsoever. After all, how many relaunches in the space of a year has the Rumplestiltskin of Richmond had?
By Abernathy
I have a barely controllable urge to smack Andrew Bowie, the Tory MP popping up on the telly to discuss the by-election results, squarely in the teeth. Please help.
Last edited by Abernathy on Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:46 pm I have a barely controllable urge to smack Andrew Bowie, the Tory NP popping up on the telly to discuss the by-election results, squarely in the teeth. Please help.
‘We took a hit, it hurts and we’ve got a listen and learn,’ would have been fine. Instead we got an insufferable prick with fingers in ears living in populist la la land.
By Andy McDandy
Devizes MP Danny Kruger, who co-chairs the New Conservatives group of mainly "Red Wall" MPs, agrees, telling BBC Radio 4's World at One the Brexit referendum result showed "ordinary people... wanted their country back" - and the government had yet to deliver this.

He describes the results as a "wake-up call", saying the Tories can still win the next election if they get their vote out by standing up for voters' values - on migration, sex education in schools, gender issues and taxation.
Source: BBC

1. Devizes isn't the red fucking wall.
2. I thought Brexit was all long ago and didn't matter.
3. And who has been the government for the last 7 years, wee Daniel?
4. If that's what the voters want, how come given several opportunities to demonstrate this, they still stay at home? Aside from Uxbridge, where at least you got out the cabbie vote.
5. You're an old Etonian policy wonk. Just fuck off.

Also, from Wikipedia:
In June 2022, Kruger supported Prime Minister Boris Johnson in the 2022 Conservative Party vote of confidence in his leadership, saying "I don't judge people's private morals, or rather I do but I oughtn't. I judge public conduct. And on that, I think we should be forgiving about minor slips". In the same month, while speaking during a debate on the overturning of Roe v. Wade by the Supreme Court of the United States which resulted in the removal of pregnant women's constitutional right to abortion, he commented that he did not agree "that women have an absolute right to bodily autonomy" in relation to abortion as "in the case of abortion that right is qualified by the fact that another body is involved".

On 6 July 2022, Kruger resigned as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities as part of a crisis in confidence in Johnson's leadership. He endorsed Suella Braverman during the subsequent leadership election.

In 2023, at the National Conservatism conference, Kruger commented in a speech that "the only basis for a safe and successful society" was marriage between men and women, that they should stick "together for the sake of the children", and that this should be recognised and rewarded. He also bemoaned what he saw as "the radicalisation of a generation. In the name of a new ideology, a new religion – a mix of Marxism and narcissism and paganism, self-worship and nature-worship all wrapped up in revolution." He defended his views on the Planet Normal podcast, arguing that "I do think that society has been built and can only really prosper if the basis of it is the principle that if you have children with somebody fit, the ideal is that you stick together with that person through the whole of your child's life.... but as I say there are many occasions where that is not possible." Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's spokesman distanced himself from Kruger's remarks on the role of marriage in society. Kruger also defended the use of the phrase Cultural Marxism by fellow MP Miriam Cates at the same conference.

In October 2023 Kruger claimed on Sky News that many asylum applicants to the UK were pretending to be gay so as to increase their chances of remaining. No evidence has been produced to support this claim. Latest government figures show that the number of applicants citing sexuality has fallen in recent years, and the percentage of these in 2021 was about 1%.
So fuck off back to the apartheid Seerf Effrika you clearly fucking love so much, where you could give anyone you didn't like a good sjambokking until they knew their place, you hideous fucking reptilian hypocrite.
Boiler liked this
By RandomElement
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:24 pm
He describes the results as a "wake-up call", saying the Tories can still win the next election if they get their vote out by standing up for voters' values - on xenophobia, homophobia, bigotry and screwing over everyone else but my mates.
Fixed for Mr "Dunning" Kruger
Andy McDandy liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]