:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
They're throwing it. Either they know it's pointless trying to win, as they'll be wiped out next GE, or they're doing rope-a-dope, aiming for a paralysed government, so they can push a "we tried but the woke lefty blob was too much for us" narrative at said GE.
By Boiler
The country will be in such a ruined state by 1/25 that Labour won't be able to fix it, should they get in - and then the performing seals of the client media and their core voters can shout from the sidelines "See? We told you Labour were rubbish, only we can fix it" - and the nodding dogs* that are their core voters will nod along?

*I apologise for insulting nodding dog toys because I am suggesting they have the intelligence of a Tory voter.
By Andy McDandy
Not helped by the fact that in all the talking heads media fora, there's one demographic section you never hear from first hand - poor people (OK, you get the occasional Jack Monroe, but look at how they were derided for daring to think bigger than cooking chips). For the overwhelming most part, be it newspapers, radio or TV, it's well off people telling poorer people what they're doing wrong.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Yug
They're the ones the BBC talk to, which is misleading in itself because they are not representative of the majority of people who are receiving, shall we say, substantially less than half of the published national average income.
Youngian liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Rather like Sky's unerring ability to find the thickest person in the street.
By Andy McDandy
You can't spend that long in the pub every day if you're actually poor. Even a Spoons.

As for Sky, all I'll say is that I once got vox-popped, only to be told my comment was too wordy for the local news. It's a bit like "citizen reporters", or game show contestants. It's about giving the people watching someone to sneer at, and the feeling that they're in on the joke.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By RedSparrows
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:25 pm You can't spend that long in the pub every day if you're actually poor. Even a Spoons.

As for Sky, all I'll say is that I once got vox-popped, only to be told my comment was too wordy for the local news. It's a bit like "citizen reporters", or game show contestants. It's about giving the people watching someone to sneer at, and the feeling that they're in on the joke.
Never forget the only time I've been vox-popped, probs mentioned before.

'How do you feel about all these roadworks in Oxford?'
'Admittedly I don't drive here, so it's not affecting me too much, but surely you have to upgrade roads at some point. Prevention is better than the cure.'
'Fair enough.'

Reader, I did not feature.
By Andy McDandy
Been looking at the initial reactions to last night. Usual stuff - people unhappy, protest vote, just more evidence that the government needs to do more of what it's doing.

While I get that no government would want to say "Hmm, looks like people really don't like this stuff we're doing; let's completely change tack", I can't think of any other business where a total inability to address reality is seen as a solution.
By Boiler
Yep, from an apologist elsewhere;
I’ve yet looked at hard numbers rather than turnout percentages, but I’m seeing the key result being for “none of the above”. Turnout for these is both sub-40%.

My hunch is that the key factor is Tory vote collapse rather than opposition win, with some noise caused by gammons r us, oops, Reform
By Abernathy
Indeed. I was marvelling at Greg Hands in the 8:10 interview slot. Tory voters just “did not turn out”, and there was “no real enthusiasm” for Starmer. I suppose this sort of bollocks is to be expected from the Tory Chairman the morning after two exceptionally violent by-election rogerings, but this was quite remarkable. “Long term decisions”, doncha know?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]