:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By Boiler
kreuzberger wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:16 pm 1.1bn? Surely, skirting round the raptor agency sector would claw that back, and put the money in the pockets of people who have been denied it.
Unfortunately we saw all this as people started to ask questions like "why have we got all this capital stock sitting around doing nothing most of the time?" (railways being a case in point) and before long, that morphed into "why are we paying all these people to sit around doing nothing most of the time?"

At which point it became "let's staff for the troughs and not the peaks of demand and infill with agency/freelance staff when needed." Not on our payroll, not on our pension scheme.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Listening to Rachel Reeves' speech at Conference.
'Rebuild Britain' sounds like a powerful campaign slogan to me, given that 80% of voters believe that Britain is 'broken'.

Stressing that Labour has changed. Good point to make.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Pledges to end non-dom tax status and apply VAT to private schools. Popular...
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Pledges to go after the PPE fraudsters - a Covid Corruption Commissioner with staff to investigate and get back 'every penny they can'.
Labour’s task is to restore hope to our politics. The hope that lets us face the future with confidence, with a new era of economic security because there is no hope without security.
You cannot dream big if you cannot sleep in peace at night. The peace that comes from knowing you have enough to put aside for a rainy day and the knowledge that, when you need them, strong public services will be there for you and your family.
The strength that allows a society to withstand global shocks because it is from those strong foundations of security, that hope can spring.
The choice at the election is this. Five more years of the Tory chaos and uncertainty, which has left working people worse off or a changed Labour Party ready to strengthen Britain’s foundations, so working people are better off.
"We are ready to serve. We are ready to lead. We are ready to rebuild Britain."
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
"We're going to clamp down on the Tories' use of private jets. What is Rishi Sunak so scared of up there in his private jet? Meeting a voter?"
Nice...
Dalem Lake, Oboogie liked this
By Boiler
Abernathy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:28 pm Covid Fraud Recovery - that's a fucking election winner, right there.

All we need now is a pledge to hang Matt Hancock up by his goolies on reality TV.
I suspect what will happen in reality is the Mones and Hancocks of this world will get away with it but the people whose businesses mysteriously needed a camper van/RV bought on a bounce-back loan - or simply took out a bounce-back loan for a company that disappeared like a David Nixon magic trick - will be the ones they go after.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Boiler wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:13 pm
Abernathy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:28 pm Covid Fraud Recovery - that's a fucking election winner, right there.

All we need now is a pledge to hang Matt Hancock up by his goolies on reality TV.
I suspect what will happen in reality is the Mones and Hancocks of this world will get away with it but the people whose businesses mysteriously needed a camper van/RV bought on a bounce-back loan - or simply took out a bounce-back loan for a company that disappeared like a David Nixon magic trick - will be the ones they go after.
Let's look on the positive side, eh, just once?

And not just assume that Reeves is stupid enough to fall for that one...
Abernathy, The Weeping Angel, Oboogie and 1 others liked this
By Boiler
For what little it seems my opinion is worth, I enjoyed listening to Reeves sparring with Robinson on the Today programme this morning and it's clear to this soul she is streets ahead of Hunt.

But the ever-bitter cynic in me is utterly disillusioned with how the real elite in this country get away with behaviour that would see an ordinary person doing bird.
By Malcolm Armsteen
There's a big difference between scepticism and cynicism...
Bones McCoy liked this
By Samanfur
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:08 pm Listening to Rachel Reeves' speech at Conference.
'Rebuild Britain' sounds like a powerful campaign slogan to me, given that 80% of voters believe that Britain is 'broken'.

Stressing that Labour has changed. Good point to make.
I'm currently in Liverpool, on CLP delegate duty. The phrase 'Britain isn't working' is periodically being revived.

Reeves honestly came across sounding like a leader's speech. She's set a high bar for Starmer tomorrow.
By davidjay
Boiler wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:56 pm For what little it seems my opinion is worth, I enjoyed listening to Reeves sparring with Robinson on the Today programme this morning and it's clear to this soul she is streets ahead of Hunt.

But the ever-bitter cynic in me is utterly disillusioned with how the real elite in this country get away with behaviour that would see an ordinary person doing bird.
I've noted before now the irony that sees the USA as the home of unfettered capitalism and over here making money is looked on as not the done thing, yet behaviour that's tolerated here would get you five-fifteen in federal prison Stateside.
By Andy McDandy
Each country has its class system. The main similarity right now being an actual elite that's not particularly bright, but is very well resourced and entrenched. And is actually feeling a lot of fear.
By Yug
Mark Carney puts himself on the Fail's hate list

It is “beyond time” for a Labour government, the former Bank of England (BoE) governor has said as he endorsed Keir Starmer and Rachel Reeves in a major coup for the opposition.

In a surprise video shown at the party’s conference after the shadow chancellor’s speech, Mr Carney praised her as a “serious economist” who was fit to oversee the nation’s finances.

There were gasps in the auditorium as a video showed Mr Carney’s endorsement. He described Ms Reeves as “a serious economist” who “understands the big picture” – pointing out that she started her career at the BoE.

The senior figure, governor between 2013 and 2020, added: “Crucially she understands the economics of work, of place and family. It is beyond time we put her energy and ideas into action.”...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 26340.html
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]