:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By mattomac
That Oil field thing highlights it perfectly, Tories took advantage of the Labour announcement, of course Labour aren't going halt it 14 months later so effectively and unfortunately anything like that will take place.

As for the charity thing they really should have been tightener if the issue is legal related, I suppose they could always review charity law as soon as they come in.
By Watchman
There’s a certain address beginning with 55, that I would like to see “benefit” from changes to the charity laws
kreuzberger, Spoonman, Dalem Lake and 3 others liked this
By Abernathy
This is roughly what the GE manifesto will look like :

https://labourlist.org/2023/10/labour-n ... ion-latest

Do have a read, and give us your opinions.

Interesting that the document contains this commitment:
Keep the promises made to the North and Midlands and deliver Northern Powerhouse Rail and High Speed 2 in full
This might not make it into the manifesto, but it's encouraging.
By Abernathy
Apparently Starmer has said that he cannot now commit Labour to reinstating HS2 fully because the government has “blown a huge hole in it”.
Last edited by Abernathy on Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
I understand that the land compulsorily purchased for HS2 is now up for sale, thus putting in the big hole.

Remember when governments didn't fuck up future governments?
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:52 pm Brownfield sites all up the country. Be interesting to see who buys them.
I expect there will be a VIP lane...
By Tubby Isaacs
Various geniuses are suggesting that he just promise to take the land back at below market value. Apparently legal issues (like human rights law) can be dealt with by saying "it's all for the best, fucking Tories" or something. Probably with a bonus "Blairite judge backs the establishment" when it's decided it's illegal.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:21 pm Various geniuses are suggesting that he just promise to take the land back at below market value. Apparently legal issues (like human rights law) can be dealt with by saying "it's all for the best, fucking Tories" or something. Probably with a bonus "Blairite judge backs the establishment" when it's decided it's illegal.
Or as Danielle here suggests make clear you'll reverse it and then people won't buy the land.

By Tubby Isaacs
I wonder if Sunak's actually going to do all this fire sale stuff. It actually helps Labour out politically, I reckon, in that it gives them an easy line to avoid the "Labour tax HS2 bombshell" stuff. I can see that lots of people are unconvinced by HS2, but do they want Sunak (apparently after getting up yesterday) making it impossible?
By Yug
I don't suppose it's occurred to Danielle that the Tories might just flog large chunks of the land to their mates at a knock-down price, thus making the taxpayers buy it back again at its' proper value.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]