:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
Marina, help us make sense of it all, and find something funny in the darkness....

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... conference
Liz Truss is the human equivalent of honking out a joke about a terrorist attack while they’re still pulling bodies out of the rubble. She is a walking “too soon?”.
See, Quentin, that's how you do it.
I read this morning in Politico that the TV rights to Harry Cole and James Heale’s book about her mayfly premiership have been sold, and that the story is soon to be made into a drama by the same people who did the Boris Johnson/Covid one that you probably didn’t watch because it was on Sky. I don’t know why the Conservatives hate the creative industries – they’re the only ones they’ve accidentally grown.
Ha ha.
Anyway, the other big conference plotline that Rishi Sunak is attempting to play out spoiler-free is the decision to scrap HS2. To say this has derailed his conference is a) a feeble pun and b) a million times less feeble than the way he’s handled it.
If Sunak had pissed about any longer, the Netflix doc about the decision could actually have come out while he was still droning on about not having decided it.
Top form.
Oboogie liked this
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:37 pm Andrea Leadsom who probably qualifies as a heavyweight here.

"It's always different in your own constituency, isn't it?"

As I drove around the Fens to get to my brother's place today (main road through village closed due to a water main bursting a few days ago) I noticed the main street from the Fens to the road through the village was a 20mph limit.

I had no problems - and when I consider in the past how people used it as a race-track with motorbikes and cars in the past...
By Tubby Isaacs
Here's the Science Secretary today.
Donelan said she would be launching a review of the use of gender and sex questions in scientific research and statistics, and would produce guidance within six months.

“Keir Starmer has said that these issues don't matter to the public. He thinks that legitimate concerns of the scientific community and of millions of Britons don’t matter. Well conference, I think it does matter,” Donelan said, referring to opposition Labour leader Starmer, to murmurs of “hear, hear” from the audience.

“I think it does matter. I think it matters when scientists are told by university bureaucrats that they cannot ask research questions about biological sex … I think it matters that in 2021 Police Scotland said a male rapist who self identifies as a woman will then be recorded statistically as a female rapist by the police.”
Yeah, the government is exactly the right group to oversee this sort of thing. Not the independent ONS or anyone like that.

Brave of her to speak for the scientific community, mind. That's going to end well.
By Andy McDandy
On the one hand, 99% of the scientific community. On the other, some guy.

But balance.

Seriously, I have never seen such absolute contempt for reason in British politics.
Spoonman, Dalem Lake liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]