:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... russ-group

You'd need a heart of stone not to laugh.
Sixty Conservative MPs have joined Liz Truss’s Growth Group, imperilling the government’s majority in parliament, as Rishi Sunak was warned by former cabinet ministers “we cannot accept the status quo”.

At a packed fringe meeting during Conservative party conference, Truss and her supporters held a rally where they pushed for the chancellor to cut corporation tax, build 500,000 new homes and resume fracking to cut energy bills.

Truss made her only public appearance during the gathering of activists in Manchester to suggest the Conservatives were no longer the party of business.
Yeah Liz. Who was it who alienated the businessmen?
By Youngian
The bastards are back in business. Instead of collective suicide the Tories might revert to type: a civil war with headbangers who can’t be placated.
BREAKING: Sixty Conservative MPs have joined Liz Truss’s Growth Group, imperilling the government’s majority in parliament, as Rishi Sunak was warned by former cabinet ministers “we cannot accept the status quo”. At a packed fringe meeting during Conservative party conference, Truss and her supporters held a rally where they pushed for the chancellor to cut corporation tax, build 500,000 new homes and resume fracking to cut energy bills.

https://www.threads.net/@uk.political.n ... Q2YQ%3D%3D
Boiler liked this
By Boiler
John Crace on the subject:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -liz-truss
If Truss had a fault it was that she had never been bold enough. She should have cut taxes further and harder. Corporation tax should go down to 19%. Or even lower. She still had no idea how to fund any of this. Then she would reduce energy bills by fracking the entire country. Except in the bits where no one wanted it. Which was everywhere. And somehow, out of all this, 500,000 new homes would miraculously appear each year. Me neither. It was genuinely breathtaking. Yet some Tories were taking it seriously. Barging past Nigel Farage – the Tories will let in anyone these days – a fan asked Liz to sign a copy of the mini-budget. That was the moment the conference jumped the shark.
Over to the JPF. AKA the New Conservatives. Much the same as the old Conservatives with Bill Cash, John Redwood and Iain Duncan Smith well to the fore. Their event to launch a new manifesto in parallel with Sunak’s manifesto was also packed. Conservatives genuinely hate the Conservatives. They too wanted unfunded tax cuts, along with leaving the ECHR, stopping A-level failures from going to university and being brave enough to kick immigrants who don’t look like you out of town centres. Something for everyone who wants the UK to compete with Russia and Belarus.
Remember - you underestimate Tories at your peril.
By satnav
Greg Hands slogan today was 'When Labour run things. They run things badly'. And there was me thinking that it was the Tories who ran the HS2 Project, it was the Tories that dished out the PPE contracts, it was Tories who ran the furlough scheme and it is the Tories who are meant to be protecting our borders.
By kreuzberger
How do these people even begin with the idea that 15-minute cities are a "bad thing"?

It's like free ice-cream for grown-ups and where their commercial property mates find attractive, sustainable uses for their otherwise moribund investments.

Oh, I get it. "Labour will ban taxis", or something.
By Andy McDandy
Meanwhile police minister Chris Philp is suggesting granting police access to the national passport database, footage from door cams, and loads more. But that's OK because it's just for pointing out baddies.
By Boiler
The BBC explains what 15 minute cities are... and the twattery around them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66990302

Again, it seems to be something extreme petrol heads rail against. I was thinking this morning, as I was lying in bed and my neighbour fired up his sporty Jaguar, how much I shall relish the silence of a Renault Zoe...

I really, REALLY want the Tories gone but I am terrified that, spurred on by the socials that they will either win again or at the very least, the poison of their culture wars will continue spreading.
By Yug
There's the annual salary of two nurses gone, right there

EXCLUSIVE: Health Secretary spends £55,000 on virtual tours of 40 new hospitals that don't exist

Steve Barclay is putting on roadshows across the country to give the public the chance to put on headsets and pretend they’re getting treated in the new facilities

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... 081972.amp
The Party of fiscal responsibility has given up any attempts to spend money responsibly.

It might be 'only' £55,000, but it's £55,000 more than actually needs to be spent on this.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]