:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Rosvanian
Read a couple of things along the lines of "OK, so they disagree with us - but why do they call us Tory scum?". It reminds me of the Mitchell and Webb sketch where they're Nazi officers. "What if we're the bad guys?" And no, I'm not calli g the Tories Nazis. Well, not all of them.
By Andy McDandy
They are fucking insane. I just had a read of the Grauniad's roundup.

Truss is saying that by cutting taxes (her answer to everything) they can build half a million homes a year. When asked which taxes, she says "a range". Details, eh?

Harper is blethering on about cutting councils off the DVLA database so they can't charge parking fines. Also saying he'll fiddle with traffic lights so cars can get about easier.

Huw Merriman (trains minister) gets into row with a local Tory over HS2. Blethers a lot.

Lucy Frazer (culture) rails against those who "would apply a two dimensional filter of moralist outrage on actions or statements, rather than understanding the nuance of language, or the context of history", by saying Labour want to ban Churchill.

And for some reason Fargle is holding court. I'm sorry - in what capacity is he there? Media personality? Party member?
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:22 pm They are fucking insane. I just had a read of the Grauniad's roundup.

Truss is saying that by cutting taxes (her answer to everything) they can build half a million homes a year. When asked which taxes, she says "a range". Details, eh?

Harper is blethering on about cutting councils off the DVLA database so they can't charge parking fines. Also saying he'll fiddle with traffic lights so cars can get about easier.

Huw Merriman (trains minister) gets into row with a local Tory over HS2. Blethers a lot.

Lucy Frazer (culture) rails against those who "would apply a two dimensional filter of moralist outrage on actions or statements, rather than understanding the nuance of language, or the context of history", by saying Labour want to ban Churchill.

And for some reason Fargle is holding court. I'm sorry - in what capacity is he there? Media personality? Party member?
This conference would be a very frightening political event but as the Tories are toast next year, it’s Pythonesque comedy gold.

Hunt’s on now and someone’s written him some lame jokes. ‘I will make Britain a science superpower,’ isn’t one of them.
Last edited by Youngian on Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Boiler wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:16 pm PLEASE do not assume Labour will win. It really is NOT a done deal, no matter what the polls say - the only one that counts is the GE itself.

Everything else is irrelevant and a GE could be fourteen months away.
If they’re still in government for CPC24 and ahead in the polls your prediction powers will be duly noted.
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:19 pm
Boiler wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:16 pm PLEASE do not assume Labour will win. It really is NOT a done deal, no matter what the polls say - the only one that counts is the GE itself.

Everything else is irrelevant and a GE could be fourteen months away.
If they’re still in government for CPC24 and ahead in the polls your prediction powers will be duly noted.
To which I will say: 1992.
By Boiler
I work on the general premise of thinking the worst because then I am not disappointed when things turns to shit and at the moment there is plenty for me to be negative about. The one time I was encouraged - almost forcibly - to be positive was the night Mrs. B died.

So I hope you'll excuse my Eeyorish tendencies.
By Rosvanian
Boiler wrote:I work on the general premise of thinking the worst because then I am not disappointed when things turns to shit and at the moment there is plenty for me to be negative about. The one time I was encouraged - almost forcibly - to be positive was the night Mrs. B died.

So I hope you'll excuse my Eeyorish tendencies.
I think your concerns are well founded. After all, they're taking kids' phones off them, scrapping inheritance tax and letting everyone drive around like maniacs. If that doesn't bring legions of joyfully embittered Tory voters back into the fold, then nothing will.
By satnav
Clearly the Tories have got time to turn things around in the polls but pushing back the election to the last possible minute comes with plenty of danger. There are few signs that the world economy is going improve dramatically in the next 12 months. So Sunak could find himself in the same position as Gordon Brown fighting an election with the economy in recession. Another problem is the number of MPs standing down at the next election, at what point do these MPs start to focus on their next job rather than serving their constituents. If lots of Tory MPs behave like Nadine Dorries a lot of relatively seats could be in danger.

There also seems to be a lot of manoeuvring from the likes of Patel and Truss and Gove at the moment, if Sunak is still unpopular in 6 months time could we actually see an attempt to bring down Rishi and replace him with one of the headbangers?

Sunak has failed to win over parts of his party and the country, it is hard to see at this stage how he can change that situation.
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:53 pm Hang on, what? Is eating meat now part of the cuture war?
Nobody tell her that most Hindus are vegetarian.......
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:01 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:53 pm Hang on, what? Is eating meat now part of the cuture war?
Nobody tell her that most Hindus are vegetarian.......
And Buddhists...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]