:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
A key difference has been that Starmer has made an attempt to explain his policies in political interviews (broadcast and print) without throwing hissy fits or just being an insulting prick...
By Youngian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:09 pm A key difference has been that Starmer has made an attempt to explain his policies in political interviews (broadcast and print) without throwing hissy fits or just being an insulting prick...
Are you referring to Starmer’s predecessor or the PM? Both work.
Yug liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
I think it will win them votes, sadly.

It's very easy to make shit up and say "how many then?" Quite rightly, Labour will say, not saying, because you don't before before you set out on negotiations. That'll allow the Tories to say, see, it's really 100,000, why do you think they won't tell us? Doesn't matter who you are, that's going to be a winning argument with some people.
By Andy McDandy
And when Greta Thunberg sailed to New York, they took the piss out of her, too. Just as they would if Starmer or Khan rocked up in the family hatchback.

What the Tories want to avoid is the fact that their opponents are getting courted by the serious players out there.
By Abernathy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:36 pm I think it will win them votes, sadly.

It's very easy to make shit up and say "how many then?" Quite rightly, Labour will say, not saying, because you don't before before you set out on negotiations. That'll allow the Tories to say, see, it's really 100,000, why do you think they won't tell us? Doesn't matter who you are, that's going to be a winning argument with some people.
Just the hard core racist fuckwit vote, I’d say. Who were probably never going to vote Labour in a month of Sundays anyway.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Youngian wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:13 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:09 pm A key difference has been that Starmer has made an attempt to explain his policies in political interviews (broadcast and print) without throwing hissy fits or just being an insulting prick...
Are you referring to Starmer’s predecessor or the PM? Both work.
Corbyn. The PM is charming but obfuscates, lies and dribbles.
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:50 pm Actual party of Government.

Sadiq Khan flew to a conference in New York (as opposed to what?) , so suck up that shit air quality (plebs). Classic not understanding the difference between toxic air and climate change too.

I wouldn’t really go there considering how Sunak goes about. I think it shows how unaware this lot are.

Plus how amateur is this image.
By Youngian
Mourdant doesn’t explain why a measure to cut death rates is insane apart from ‘war on motorists!’ And then flings out a scary figure she doesn’t (or pretends not to) understand.
The new 20mph speed limit for Wales' residential roads is "insane", according to a UK cabinet minister.
Commons leader Penny Mordaunt called having such a limit as the default for many roads "crazy", but agreed there are places where 20mph is a good idea.
Ms Mordaunt went on to accuse Labour of "punishing" motorists.
"They have ignored businesses and they have ignored the public. They are pushing ahead with this scheme despite huge opposition to it and I think the latest estimate is it will cost the Welsh economy £4.5bn.
Explaining the £4.5bn cost to the economy figure quoted by critics of the policy, the Welsh government writes on its website: "Our assessment shows that reducing speeds to 20mph can result in an average increase of one minute per journey, nine lives saved and 98 serious injuries prevented each year.
"Before the law was passed, we produced an impact assessment that considered all the potential costs. This was included in the explanatory memorandum.
"It included the costs of any delays to travel time. The method used is now under academic debate for its effectiveness when calculating small delays.
"So the estimated cost to the economy of £4.5bn over 30 years may not be an accurate reflection of the true cost. The slightly longer travel time was the only negative economic impact identified.
"It is estimated that the casualty prevention savings, including the reduced impact on NHS and emergency services, could be up to £92m every year." https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-66802351
By Tubby Isaacs
Actual Conservative Councillor. Apparently Jonathan Portes told him he was silly because he was dicking about doing foreign accents instead of discussing the issue. No idea why Jon goes on there, but he seems to give a good account of himself. Doubtless a case of "Welcome to test match cricket" for our bold youngster.

By Tubby Isaacs
And here's another. In the old days, somebody from Central Office might have rung him up and given him a bollocking. They'll probably be phoning him up now to tell him he's a rising star.

There's more too BTL. Someone BTL who says his Mum should take his phone (without knowing she's dead) is apparently Portes' fault too.

By RedSparrows
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:45 pm And here's another. In the old days, somebody from Central Office might have rung him up and given him a bollocking. They'll probably be phoning him up now to tell him he's a rising star.

There's more too BTL. Someone BTL who says his Mum should take his phone (without knowing she's dead) is apparently Portes' fault too.

Why do they always do it? How do they not see that becoming a parody of yourself is fucking dumb?
Tubby Isaacs, mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]