:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Oboogie
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:55 pm A point made to me by a member of the border security forces when a hapless asylum seeker was killed by a train in the Channel Tunnel...
When people say such things to me, beyond my initial disgust comes the disturbing self-doubt, what kind of signals/vibes am I giving off that they thought I'd be receptive? Check the mirror, do I really look like a moronic racist knuckledragger? I guess, to some, I must. :?
By Boiler
Oboogie wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:00 pm When people say such things to me, beyond my initial disgust comes the disturbing self-doubt, what kind of signals/vibes am I giving off that they thought I'd be receptive? Check the mirror, do I really look like a moronic racist knuckledragger? I guess, to some, I must. :?
Several years ago, during the height of Poles arriving in the UK almost weekly on coaches, I had my passport scrutinised very, VERY carefully indeed by a Customs Officer at Thiefrow. Narked by this (I'd been to and fro from Athens a few times) I stood up and boomed out in my best, clearest, poshest voice "Is there a problem, officer? Only you seem to be taking rather a long time to check my passport."

A glare saw it returned to me quickly :lol:

Spool forward a few years and I was crossing the railway bridge that led to the hospital where Mrs. B was the first time. For some reason someone started to talk to me and we discussed how surprisingly heavy the traffic was across the bridge - and as I politely bade him goodbye he put his hand out to shake it and said "how lovely it was to hear an English voice in this town".

Hadn't got the heart to tell him my nationality...
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:00 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:55 pm A point made to me by a member of the border security forces when a hapless asylum seeker was killed by a train in the Channel Tunnel...
When people say such things to me, beyond my initial disgust comes the disturbing self-doubt, what kind of signals/vibes am I giving off that they thought I'd be receptive? Check the mirror, do I really look like a moronic racist knuckledragger? I guess, to some, I must. :?
Because they think everyone - the "silent majority" - thinks the same as them.
By Youngian
Say something seemingly more reactionary to get them nodding before taking your opinion in a different direction.
Foreign workers need to obey the same rules as British workers- proper union, strict enforcement of labour rights and collective bargaining for all.
Need to clamp down on illegals immigrants- By tightening internal security with compulsory ID cards, cashless payments and stricter workplace inspections.
My town’s full of immigrants- Since Brexit when young central Europeans packed their bags when the Pound fell and are being replaced by ‘them’ on lower wages. What would Enoch say? Imagine being a daft twat who voted for it.
By Youngian
Moderate Tory is now someone who’s only a cunt to people when it’s a vote winner.
We risk being seen as the ‘nasty party’ again, warn senior Conservatives
Moderate Tories fear the party’s attack on human rights will alienate many voters and damage the UK’s global standing.

David Lidington, the former justice secretary and de facto deputy prime minister under Theresa May, said the talk risked damaging Britain’s global standing, aiding its international enemies and causing electoral damage.

“In raw political terms, I think they are ignoring the risk that a lot of people who traditionally have voted Conservative would find such a move very offensive,” he said. “They will want to see a Conservative party that sticks by treaties and which is seen as on the side of human rights at a time when human rights are under attack from our genuine ideological foes around the world. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... dApp_Other
By Andy McDandy
See Doug Stanhope. Or my Dutch friends. They're laughing their arses off at us, all over the world. They can't believe that a first world nation, with the benefit of history, would willingly do this to itself.

And yes, in many places, the reaction is "about goddamn time".
By Crabcakes
On similar lines, some of the most awful Tory MPs are finally finding out first hand that the ‘silent majority’ of mean-spirited bigots they’ve been attempting to appeal to is actually a vanishingly small minority…

https://www.threads.net/@politicsintheu ... BiNWFlZA==
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
The actual Education Secretary here. I remember when John Patten was regarded as sub-standard.

The IFS say that VAT on school fees would raise £1.3bn. Where are Keegan's experts? The Daily Telegraph editorial page?

Where's the Labour policy to lower standards? And does she know which are the rip off degrees yet?

"Taxing aspiration". Good luck with that one. Going to be as popular as John Major defending hereditary peers, I reckon.

Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
mattomac wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:55 am It’s NHS policy week this week.

It was the Boats last…. I wonder how they are going lead on an area no one even at the best of times thinks they are that good at.
They've tried blaming waiting lists on doctors, nurses and foreigners without convincing the public. Who next? My money's on the patients, there's far too many of 'em, don'cha know.
By Andy McDandy
As any keen student of "the ignorance" will tell you, anything and everything can be linked to "send 'em back". For instance:

People living longer - strain on the NHS and pensions - system designed when life expectancy was lower - problem is people not dying at 60 - collapse of heavy industry - too many people working in offices and call centres - cheaper to run those from India - SEND 'EM BACK.

Or indeed...People living longer - strain on the NHS and pensions - system designed when life expectancy was lower - problem is people not dying at 60 - it's the NHS staff keeping them alive - and where do they all come from, eh? - if we just had British doctors and nurses doing proper stuff like flirting, coquettishly changing the bedsheets, avoiding Matron and doing 90mph on a floor polisher we'd not be in this mess - SEND 'EM BACK.
By Watchman
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]