:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 3.3 % :laughing: 26.7 % :cry: 26.7 % :🤗 10 % :poo: 3.3 %
They’ve just lost a 15k majority in Chesham.

:lol:

16k, that’s the equivalent of some of these red wall seats if honest.

I hope we have some more open framing on this, it’s a disaster.
Last edited by mattomac on Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arrowhead liked this
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:42 am Labour aren’t going to admit to falling back in Amersham but all the anecdotal comments I’ve read suggest they did.
The usual suspects will spin it as "Keith is a disaster, he needs to GO, send for Burgon NOW".
Andy McDandy, Oboogie liked this
If it is game on for Lab/Lib/Grn voters to pile in on a tactical candidate, Johnson’s unlikely to hold Uxbridge.

Gammon Black Thursday: GBNews, DUP and the Tories have a meltdown on the same day.

Ed Davey claims that Johnson’s rotten character was a prominent issue with many Tory voters. Pleasantly surprised not all Tories have taken leave of their senses.
Arrowhead liked this
Back in the 80s, plenty of people hated Thatcher personally and for her social policies, but held their noses and voted Tory because they were coining it in. They'd make a killing by day, and at night laugh along to Ben Elton taking the piss out of them.

There's a lot of traditional Tory voters who have friends and family overseas, holiday homes in Europe, business links with the continent - all of which Johnson has fucked. Especially in the south. If Johnson's traded Reading and Ventnor for Royston Vasey, well, it's rather inevitable.
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 am If it is game on for Lab/Lib/Grn voters to pile in on a tactical candidate, Johnson’s unlikely to hold Uxbridge.

Gammon Black Thursday: GBNews, DUP and the Tories have a meltdown on the same day.

Ed Davey claims that Johnson’s rotten character was a prominent issue with many Tory voters. Pleasantly surprised not all Tories have taken leave of their senses.
Certainly true for my Dad. He couldn't bring himself to vote for the LD's but for the first time in his life, he couldn't bring himself to vote Tory. Said Boris was a chancer and HS2 also influenced his thinking.
Youngian liked this
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:49 am There's a lot of traditional Tory voters who have friends and family overseas, holiday homes in Europe, business links with the continent - all of which Johnson has fucked. Especially in the south. If Johnson's traded Reading and Ventnor for Royston Vasey, well, it's rather inevitable.
Johnson and Gove told these Tory voters in the EUref they'd be no change to their FoM rights (just Johnny Foreigner's). No party wants to mention the B word but its the Tories who most want to talk about anything else (statues, GB News ad boycotts, something a bit racist etc.). Still speculation as to how deep a Brexit backlash is damaging the Tories but I'd have a punt that it is.
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 amEd Davey claims that Johnson’s rotten character was a prominent issue with many Tory voters. Pleasantly surprised not all Tories have taken leave of their senses.
Dominic Grieve was saying the same on News 24 earlier. The interviewer was squirming quite openly when he called Johnson "a charlatan".

He wasn't holding back on what the constituency probably thought about Brexit and toxic nationalism, either.
Last edited by Samanfur on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arrowhead liked this
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 am If it is game on for Lab/Lib/Grn voters to pile in on a tactical candidate, Johnson’s unlikely to hold Uxbridge.

Yebbut Johnson won't necessarily be running in Uxbridge.
In fact Uxbridge may no longer be a constituency.
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:49 am Back in the 80s, plenty of people hated Thatcher personally and for her social policies, but held their noses and voted Tory because they were coining it in. They'd make a killing by day, and at night laugh along to Ben Elton taking the piss out of them.

There's a lot of traditional Tory voters who have friends and family overseas, holiday homes in Europe, business links with the continent - all of which Johnson has fucked. Especially in the south. If Johnson's traded Reading and Ventnor for Royston Vasey, well, it's rather inevitable.
For every straight talking Yorkshire gammon in the red well, there's be a home counties Yuppie whose access to ski holidays, au-pairs and citybreaks has been fucked over.

Conservatives are reputed to be the great re-inventors.
We'll see how they play this to chase votes in North and South simultaneously.

I get the impression that (Like the Repugs) have gone all-in on the divisive leader.
But there are enough Winston Smiths in Fleet Street to completely re-write the present narrative.
It's all happening just as wpredicted it would.
Plans to scrap existing UK data protection rules and replace them with an altogether new regime are on the horizon following recommendations made by a special taskforce commissioned by the prime minister.

The taskforce, comprising three senior Conservative MPs, has branded GDPR “prescriptive and inflexible” and has urged Boris Johnson to replace the rules with a new framework for data protection that doesn’t stifle growth and innovation.

https://www.itpro.co.uk/policy-legislat ... -rules?amp
And who are these data protection and business Innovation gurus?

IDS, Theresa Villers and George Freeman.

What could possibly go wrong?
Not a fucking brain between them. They'll just do as they are told.

This is actually quite sinister.
Funny how innovation and growth on the continent aren't stifled by GDPR. Especially considering how innovative and growthful we Brits are, and buccaneering and entrepeneurial. You'd have thought that given our natural talents for innovation and growth we'd figure out how to innogrow and vate while simultaneously keeping personal data secure.

I mean, if I were to suggest that opposition to GDPR is based on "we can make a fucking fortune flogging this stuff", and the Tories' understanding of innovation and growth (last time, I promise) is "Well, we've got that Dyson chap, very clever, and what about that clockwork radio guy, is he still alive?", I'd just be doing Britain down.
And what the fuck is a "world leader in data"? As far as I can see, they want it to be the best place to buy data. The Amazon of data, perhaps.
If your data is to be made available to the highest bidder, who on earth is going to want to do business with British companies? The EU will certainly go elsewhere - if we refuse to comply with EU regs they'll just stop trading with us.

Johnson is an absolute cretin.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]