:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Watchman
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:20 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:19 pm Meanwhile Nick's ConservativeHome have dug through the bottom of the barrel.

CCHQ must find Starmer’s Willie Horton

https://conservativehome.com/2023/07/12 ... ie-horton/

Scary Black Men ... Starmer Bad ... Ameritrash.
Well, that was a pretty cynical, soulless and amoral piece of shit.
Look like "but Jimmy Savile" wasn't quite the zinger they hoped for
By Watchman
In a different age these mediocre chancers would have got themselves a gig as Labour councillors or trade union officials to bag some easy money. Rotten borough client state politics isn’t the preserve of any party. Which probably explains why Boris Johnson struck a chord in a corrupt shit town that is traditionally Labour.
30p Lee says "who? me?"
Youngian liked this
By Youngian
Watchman wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:35 am
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:20 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:19 pm Meanwhile Nick's ConservativeHome have dug through the bottom of the barrel.

CCHQ must find Starmer’s Willie Horton

https://conservativehome.com/2023/07/12 ... ie-horton/

Scary Black Men ... Starmer Bad ... Ameritrash.
Well, that was a pretty cynical, soulless and amoral piece of shit.
Look like "but Jimmy Savile" wasn't quite the zinger they hoped for
Possibly the only time Corbyn hit the board was after the Manchester bombing when Theresa May was on the back foot to defend cuts to the police and justice system. It’s got a whole lot worse since then. There’s been a better time to be a crook.
By Watchman
I imagine Mr Armsteen may have a view on this

Gillian Keegan: Headteachers should pick up absent pupils from home

In a wide-ranging interview with Sky News, Gillian Keegan said she would "pick them up myself" when asked how best to engage with missing pupils.

Pupil absences are at “crisis” level, the education secretary has said, as she endorsed headteachers driving children to school if necessary.

Gillian Keegan told Sky News that headteachers had a “duty” to get children to school.
By Yug
I believe Gillian Keegan is wrong. It's the parents' duty to ensure their children get to school.

Or is society now abrogating that responsibility too, along with teaching them how to tie shoelaces, fasten coats, and even basic toilet training.
By Andy McDandy
Apocryphal story about film producers Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer (guys behind many a high-octane action film from the 80s onwards):grinning:

They were walking along the sea front in LA, musing on how they could be making more money. JB pointed at a bunch of teenagers and said "We should be asking them what they want to watch". DS replied no, they should be telling them what to watch.
By Youngian
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:35 pm Likely London mayoral candidate associates herself with famously heavyweight political favourite.

She entered a crowded field to woo a limited London demographic. David Kurten, Fox and other assorted crackpots will be chasing Suella fans for their vote.
By Yug
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:47 am John tells the car industry off for not doing cod libertarianism right.

Many rail passengers like steam trains but the rail industry wants to provide diesel and electric ones. Why don't they listen to customers?

Hint to Mr Redwood. The saying "the customer is always right" was dreamed up by an American businessman as a gimmick and is not backed up by any research.

In fact, many customers are too bloody stupid to have any clue as to what they want. Best leave that sort of thing to people who know what they're doing, eh?
By Tubby Isaacs
Youngian wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:28 pm
She entered a crowded field to woo a limited London demographic. David Kurten, Fox and other assorted crackpots will be chasing Suella fans for their vote.
Susan Hall, will shall we say, make sure she doesn't lose too many to them.

Khan may be vulnerable on a low turnout because he's actually done stuff, and that always upsets people. And of course he's pro-crime and terrorism.
By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:47 am John tells the car industry off for not doing cod libertarianism right.

Many rail passengers like steam trains but the rail industry wants to provide diesel and electric ones. Why don't they listen to customers?

On a sub-forum of a railway forum I'm on, you wouldn't believe how many are behind Redwood - from a gobshite braggart with an Audi R8 to a bloke from the Home Counties who charges all over the country to photograph steam trains and thus moans about range. Plenty of anti-EV videos posted in support, detractors get the "but what about Rowan Atkinson" line.

Very much a pro-liberty, "don't tell me what to do" air.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Watchman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:04 am I imagine Mr Armsteen may have a view on this

Gillian Keegan: Headteachers should pick up absent pupils from home

In a wide-ranging interview with Sky News, Gillian Keegan said she would "pick them up myself" when asked how best to engage with missing pupils.

Pupil absences are at “crisis” level, the education secretary has said, as she endorsed headteachers driving children to school if necessary.

Gillian Keegan told Sky News that headteachers had a “duty” to get children to school.
Well, yes.
As a very young head of year I would sometimes do it. This once led to embarrassment, so I stopped...

I was called by a mother in Fulham because her daughter refused to go to school. Said daughter was 14 or 15 and had a job. So I went to the house (you could park in Fulham in those days) and went it. No sign of daughter, went to her room (with mother) still no sign. "She's under the bed" said Mum, "Pull her out".
So I did. I put my hand under the bed where it encountered bare flesh, but nothing daunted I grabbed what I hoped was an arm, and encouraged by Ma, pulled.
Out came a rather dishevelled and underdressed young woman. Whom I had never seen before in my life. Seems daughter had flown the coop but her friend had stayed, and hidden to conceal the fact that she wasn't d.

Generally a poor idea I decided.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:49 pm

Khan may be vulnerable on a low turnout because he's actually done stuff, and that always upsets people. And of course he's pro-crime and terrorism.
Nothing else?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Ah. Round here it's a reason all by itself, aided and abetted by the local Tories...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]