:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
I don't like the sound of this Atlantic treaty that's getting press coverage.

Al the loss of sovrinty that upset the brexiteers, with no checks and balances.
The potential impact on our health services and food standards are worrying.
Meanwhile the Faragistas are "Yeah, Disney Holidays".
By Nigredo
Haven't looked into any of the Biden-Bozza discussions but the body language between the two couldn't be more starkly different.

Joe & Jill Biden carrying themselves like dignified adults with full respect for the roles they currently occupy.

The pork haystack & Carrie Antoinette hunched over and shambling about like they'd just been rushed there from a bottomless prosecco brunch at Chequers.
davidjay liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:19 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of;
“what do you expect to see from a Torquay bedroom window…. ?”
By Nigredo
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:52 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:19 am I see Boris has been sucking up to Biden.
Thing is, he sucks up to whoever he needs something from who he's in proximity to at the time.
I don't disagree but I'm just struggling to see what Biden has a more enticing offer than the complicity of the Brexit headbanging backbenchers.

Unless this is for the chapter in Johnson's memoirs where he waxes fanciful about how he charmed the US president into striking the greatest agreement of modern western democracy with him.
Last edited by Nigredo on Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The courtiers at the BBC were hailing the 'New Atlantic Charter', whereas Biden said they had just reaffirmed the old one, post-Trump.
Oblomov wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:40 pm
I don't disagree but I'm just struggling to see what Biden has a more enticing offer than the complicity of the Brexit headbanging backbenchers.

Unless this is for the chapter in Johnson's memoirs where he waxes fanciful about how he charmed the US president into striking the greatest agreement of Modern western democracy with him.
Time. Agreeing with Biden now kicks the NI can a little further down the road for Johnson to deal with later. Next time he meets the headbangers, he'll suck up to them and say all the things they want to hear and kick it a little further down the road. As long as the 2 opposing ideologies aren't in the room at the same time, whoever is there will be told what they want to hear and get the reassurances they seek.
Dalem Lake liked this
Oblomov wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:40 pm
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:52 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:19 am I see Boris has been sucking up to Biden.
Thing is, he sucks up to whoever he needs something from who he's in proximity to at the time.

Unless this is for the chapter in Johnson's memoirs where he waxes fanciful about how he charmed the US president into striking the greatest agreement of Modern western democracy with him.
It's Johnson's opportunity to do the Churchill Walt.
By Samanfur
He's been telling Johnson, Hancock et al the same thing since he took the role. He's like one of those parents who keeps telling their misbehaving children "Stop it, or..." five times within as many minutes, but never follows through.

If he'd slapped them down when he said he was going to the first time, it might've made a difference. As it is, they know that they can act with impunity, and the worst they can get is a stern talking-to.

I miss Bercow.
Last edited by Samanfur on Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
They have no regard for Parliamentary convention, procedure or custom and they lied to the Queen - you really think they're going to take any notice of the Speaker? This is the Will of the People writ large, carried out against the Establishment.
Last edited by davidjay on Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]