:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Malcolm Armsteen
Promoting the idea of turning off red traffic lights at night.

Which we do in France, in rural areas, and the lights are permanently on flashing amber. Not sure how that would work at Hyde Park Corner or even Battersea High Street...
By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:29 am Promoting the idea of turning off red traffic lights at night.

Which we do in France, in rural areas, and the lights are permanently on flashing amber. Not sure how that would work at Hyde Park Corner or even Battersea High Street...
Part of me is thinking that round here red lights seem to be voluntary so it'll make no difference.
By Youngian
Candidate for Nick Ferrari callers and Colin from Southampton*
If elected London Mayor, Mr Korski would explore switching off red lights between 10pm and 7am.

Instead, amber flashing lights managed by sensors would "ease the flow of traffic".

A source said: "The proposal is to explore how tech and sensors could better utilise amber lights and speed up traffic during quiet hours.

"This way people are not left sitting at deserted junctions at a red light."https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/ ... s-shakeup/
*https://twitter.com/exploding_heads
By Yug
If the lights have sensors nobody is left sitting at an empty junction. At night, even the lights in Torytown change automatically as you approach. Even on a bike!

Is he saying Torytown is more advanced than that London?
By Abernathy
Apparently from a Guardian Online BTL comment :

“All of these people have held high office in recent years, in no particular order.
Johnson. Disaster as Foreign Secretary, terrible Brexit deal, compulsive liar, kicked out in disgrace. Fantasist.
Williamson. Incompetent bully and liar. Forced out in disgrace, twice.
Raab. Incompetent bully and liar. Forced out in disgrace.
Truss. A joke. Economic disaster. Liar, forced out in disgrace.
Kwarteng. Another joke. Liar, forced out in disgrace.
Patel. Incompetent, bully. Should have been forced out in disgrace.
Hancock. Forced out in disgrace for breaking own lockdown rules. Liar.
Frost. Negotiated disastrous Brexit deal and quickly denounced own work. A disgrace.
Zahawi. Forced out in disgrace over tax affairs.
Braverman. Censured for commenting on ongoing court cases while attorney general. Forced to resign in disgrace by Truss. And here we go again…”
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
38th MP standing down apparently. He's MP for the constituency next door to here. Mentions the new boundaries. He's got a majority of 24,000 in his existing constituency, wonder if he'd have stood down if that wasn't changing. These new boundaries might not be the political masterstroke they thought.

By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:07 pm 38th MP standing down apparently. He's MP for the constituency next door to here. Mentions the new boundaries. He's got a majority of 24,000 in his existing constituency, wonder if he'd have stood down if that wasn't changing. These new boundaries might not be the political masterstroke they thought.

I think Curtice wrote a while ago that though it was highly an issue say in 2015 and 2017 the impact with the realignment last time would hurt Labour very little.

I would say with some of those council elections in the south that Labour will win areas it doesn’t expect and yet lose a couple of areas you’d have always expected them to win.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Yug
This probably won't end well for the scum Party

Media shuns Tory party conference over demands for attendance fee

UK Conservatives are only party to charge press delegates for accreditation at annual gathering

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ndance-fee
By Malcolm Armsteen
The price of everything and the value of nothing...
Spoonman liked this
By Oboogie
Yug wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:00 am This probably won't end well for the scum Party

Media shuns Tory party conference over demands for attendance fee

UK Conservatives are only party to charge press delegates for accreditation at annual gathering

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ndance-fee
It may suit them to avoid scrutiny of the inevitable batshit right-wing speeches.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Thatcherism personified: if it exists, monetise it.
By mattomac
I thought the Covid enquiry would be damaging, I didn’t expect it to be damaging before it started.

I’m not sure what the government gets out of this, you have to assume it’s more damaging to hand this stuff over than not but they also have to remember no one likes them so by not handing it over it’s damaging anyhow.
By Andy McDandy
Better to sit on the evidence and be thought a corrupt, callous, profiteering bunch of cunts, than to release it and remove all doubts.

Besides, as said about Jimmy Savile, without hard evidence you can't prosecute.
By Crabcakes
I think this is either one of the worst cases of Streisand effect ever, or there is some absolutely blatant lawbreaking that’s been documented.

I also suspect Sunak might be involved, as if it were just Johnson he’d probably be delighted to leave him to flounder. And if not Sunak then enough senior Tories to leave him with a serious headache to sort it all out.
By satnav
I suppose the government has always assumed that an inquiry would drag on for years with no conclusions being released until well after the next election. What they had not allowed for is the possibility that much of the evidence would come out before the election. With party gate most of the evidence that came out early proved a lot more damning that Sue Gray's report which was quite tame in comparison.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]