:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/profile/johncrace

John Crace has been having a busy week.
So we had to make do with the Tory backbencher Miriam Cates instead as the warmup act. Her message to the faithful was that we needed more babies. Urgently. There were some obvious flaws with this. First, her audience was 75% male.
“Conservatism is always common sense,” concluded Cates. Having talked complete bollocks for 20 minutes.

More of the same was to follow with Yoram Hazony, a man who passes himself off as an intellectual of the right. He thought that with every passing month you couldn’t but help become more conservative, providing men had been made to do national service.
Braverman began with the obligatory 10-minute backstory. Her parents had been hard-working immigrants. Exactly the sort of people she is now committed to keeping out of the country. They would have been astonished that their daughter had become attorney general and home secretary. Not nearly as astonished as the rest of us.
Those are just 3 extracts from part one of three. Seriously, go have a read.
By Youngian
Michael Gove had clearly had his doubts. It may have seemed like a good idea when he was asked – he’s easily flattered as his self-worth is through the floor these days. But now he found himself on stage at the Emmanuel Centre in London in front of an audience of a couple of hundred people, he wasn’t quite so sure.

Time was when Gove was a player. Someone who made things happen. These days, he’s a lost soul. No real friends anywhere. He just drifts aimlessly around Westminster. A man without real influence, surviving on a reputation for competence that doesn’t bear close examination. Next stop oblivion. https://www.theguardian.com/profile/johncrace
By Abernathy
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:35 am Yeah, but where are the bookshelves full of weighty tomes?
I don’t think Jenkyns holds by that fancy book-learnin’.

A reminder -this is the woman that unseated Ed Balls.
By Andy McDandy
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/voices-tory-p ... 43281.html

Sean O'Grady on the likely future of the Tories. Braverman in charge, an election wipeout, and a lurch even further to the right. Good read.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Even if the Tory party somehow manages to stick together, the prospects are poor. Perhaps Suella will be so bad that, like Iain Duncan Smith in 2005, she’ll be ousted and reason will return

Tories will hold their nose rather than stay out of power for too long. Flipping swing seats is not hard for the Tories as 5-10% of the electorate that decide GEs never bloody learn.
By Samanfur
Oboogie wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:48 am
Bones McCoy wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:35 am Yeah, but where are the bookshelves full of weighty tomes?
On the fire?
I'm more surprised that I can't see a single Union Jack.

I'd have expected her to have at least three somewhere prominent. And at least one upside down.
By Yug
Youngian wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:59 am I’ve now heard of London mayoral hopeful Dan Korski
I haven't, cos the tweet is unavailable.

More swivel-eyed bollocks, was it?

Edit. Now, as if by magic, the tweet appears. Yep. Utter bollocks.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]