:sunglasses: 26.1 % :laughing: 60.9 % :cry: 4.3 % :🤗 8.7 %
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... EJOHN.html

Why can't Plod beat up some hippies? What's all this foreign food nonsense? What about Labour?

Red meat for the faithful, an assortment of general cuntery.
By Youngian
But red peppers? Nah. I didn't even come across a kidney bean until I was in my late teens, when Mum made a chilli con carne (as it used to be called) at her continental cookery class.

Think it still is called chilli con carne. This Continental cooking class didn’t exist did it Richard? He wasn’t to know it’s a Mexican dish as you don’t meet many Mexicans when you reside full time in Enfield.
By Andy McDandy
My parents lived in West London in the late 60s and early 70s. My dad was a big fan of Graham Kerr, the galloping gourmet, and bought into the "real men know how to cook and enjoy the best things in life" ethos. My mum loved the delis and the range of different cuisines. If the food chez Littlejohn was more bland (and he did grow up in either Essex or Peterborough), it was likely out of choice.
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:19 pm My parents lived in West London in the late 60s and early 70s. My dad was a big fan of Graham Kerr, the galloping gourmet, and bought into the "real men know how to cook and enjoy the best things in life" ethos. My mum loved the delis and the range of different cuisines. If the food chez Littlejohn was more bland (and he did grow up in either Essex or Peterborough), it was likely out of choice.
Having read a fair few, writing engaging recipe books is really hard. Another guy from that era Robert Carrier was a great writer sharing his joy of culinary discovery.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ution.html

Why can't the police beat people up indiscriminately? Aren't all civil servants lazy? Here's a joke about Scottish people being sheep shagging druggies. Here's some casual racism. Fucking Rumpole.

Cunt.

Oh yes, he comes very close to libel, calling the Birmingham Six members of the IRA. Sadly, he inserts a hasty "some of", as you can't libel the dead.
Amazonian liked this
By Youngian
Even that most famous Old Bailey defence hack Horace Rumpole agreed to prosecute once, because he believed it was his sworn professional duty. So, too, should KC and the Sunshine Band if a CPS brief flutters their way.

He’s misremembered the Rumpole prosecution episode on every level, he agrees to represent a snooty chef in a civil libel case because he’d make a bit of dosh out of it and the chef would cook Rumpole a steak and kidney pudding.
Amazonian liked this
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:06 am
Even that most famous Old Bailey defence hack Horace Rumpole agreed to prosecute once, because he believed it was his sworn professional duty. So, too, should KC and the Sunshine Band if a CPS brief flutters their way.

He’s misremembered the Rumpole prosecution episode on every level, he agrees to represent a snooty chef in a civil libel case because he’d make a bit of dosh out of it and the chef would cook Rumpole a steak and kidney pudding.
I've just re-re-read the Rumpole omnibus. He prosecuted in a private prosecution against a man accused of murder; the case was taken out by the victim's father. He ended up finding the evidence that got the man off, found out that the real murderer was the victim's brother and returned the fee. Our literary critic omitted that bit.
Amazonian liked this
davidjay wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:09 am
I've just re-re-read the Rumpole omnibus.
More than Littlejohn has, he's just watched a couple of episodes on Talking Pictures TV. Whilst too pissed to understand the plot. And, of course, that John Mortimer was a lifelong lefty - the only member of the Communist party at Harrow School.
Amazonian liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... t-Now.html

Boo, WFH! Fuck that work/life balance! Fuck working smarter! WORK! And empty some bins.

Also, Labour and antisemitism, some crap about rewilding ( which seems to be more "don't like, lowers the tone, people might think we're gypsies" than any serious analysis), and some more back in my day crap about gambling. Yes, it may seem overkill to you having all these checks, but in 1980 you didn't have bookies all over the high street and betting ads across the telly.
By Youngian
To be honest, I could do with less of it (wildlife) - especially the rabid foxes and the badger which keeps digging up our back lawn.
They’re coyotes Richard and your lawn is probably sand with cacti.
Some successful rewilding projects around his old manor of Peterborough. Needs to get out the metropolitan bubble he claims to live in.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:03 am
To be honest, I could do with less of it (wildlife) - especially the rabid foxes and the badger which keeps digging up our back lawn.
They’re coyotes Richard and your lawn is probably sand with cacti.
Some successful rewilding projects around his old manor of Peterborough. Needs to get out the metropolitan bubble he claims to live in.
Bloody Coyotes; coming over here with their rocket packs, roller skates and barrels of TNT.....
Brexit was truly a tunnel mouth painted onto a cliff...
Amazonian liked this
By Andy McDandy
While his anti-WFH stuff is equal parts distaste for public services (and general belief in shrinking the state) and concerns over falling office rental revenue, he has of late been upping the references to suburbia, "Howard and Hildas", and Chesterton's "secret people of England" - those who don't make a fuss, and dutifully vote Conservative. That to me seems more like his master's voice; Dacre's belief that the Arnos Grove of his youth is what suburbia should be.
Amazonian liked this
By satnav
Littlejohn seems to be stuck in some kind of time warp believing that the majority of people still have 9 to 5 jobs. I'm struggling to think of a single person I know who works 9-5. My best friend who works in commercial law recently retired after spending the last 15 years largely working from home for a very successful law firm which active encourages staff to work from home. My brother-in-law is an accountant who works for a company that only operates four days a week. He goes into the office two days a week and works at home two days a week, whilst other companies in the area struggle to recruit and retain staff his company has no problem retaining staff because staff joined the company because they were attracted by the idea of working 4 days a week.

Perhaps if Littlejohn changes the habits of a life time and started doing a bit of research before firing up his laptop he wouldn't sound so out of touch with modern working practices.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]