:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:59 pm Top Tory MPs ask for £10,000 a day to work for fake Korean company
Video footage shows Matt Hancock and Kwasi Kwarteng discussing pay rates after being duped by campaigners

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... an-company

Another example of Tory greed and stupidity.

OOOhh, I think I done a Nolan.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Led by Donkeys:

mattomac liked this
By mattomac
Kwasi “he is four moves ahead” Kwarteng.

What people have to realise (and I do think the public have, unlike the likes of Seb Payne, some journalist who is the sister in law of David Cameron and Sunak’s best man) is that Sunak may have improved the Tory standing by about 2-3 pts (though it’s still over 18.5 and not that remarkably different from Jan) in a period when they were able to dominate the news agenda but you have to do that over a sustained level of time winning those switchers who don’t seem to be shifting and you do so by not having former chancellors and people still viewed on as having a future doing crap like this because Sunak faces one crisis and they will find a new rebel.

You might vote for Sunak now but there is zero chance he lasts if the Tories were to win a majority.

Though if Sunak was to fight back, Labour’s vote remains high enough that I think the best bet they have is a hung parliament. Though I suspect if the Local elections were to go sour that this might be his high point.

Already the first negative “boat” story of a good person from Afghanistan having to flee via one, though with the boat thing he will attempt to get Braverman to own that as he has done so far with other things.

He however isn’t as good as he thinks he is.
Andy McDandy liked this
By Bones McCoy
I don't know, I'm not there.
But one wonders how Sunak is going to play with the red wall.

Here's a guy with loads of money and a bit short on the common touch.
He very much looks like the people the Brexiteers were voting against.
His family wealth is extremely globalist.

Not many boxes ticked unless you're a life long dyed in the wool conservative member.
The feature that set the red wall aside was its lack of life-long conservatives.
Abernathy, Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Bit more on Kwasi today.
Questioned on whether he would be able to balance his role as an MP with flying around the world to attend board meetings, Kwarteng said: “I can do that. I’m very flexible. I would say [in] my generation in the UK, there are very few people who had the breadth of experience I’ve had across business and politics at this level.”
This stellar parliamentarian took 8 years to get off the backbenches. And he wasn't even a Minister of State until Bozo became PM. His business experience seems to be all in finance.
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:26 am Tory Maths: Compensation for destroying an innocent life = Matt Hancock’s daily rate.
Some things are so downright bloody unfair and disgraceful that it's hard to even think about them. And like Hillsborough, the people responsible won't lose so much as an hour's pay.
Youngian liked this
By mattomac
I see the outlier was err an outlier and the Sunak surge is sort of a ripple. Still it got Fleet Street a weekend of "hot takes".

Sunak's more popular than his party, but he is more popular with people who don't like his party and won't vote for them and at some point he won't be able to keep that up.

The fuckwitty crime stuff today shows more tinkering bollocks which isn't any better than the Wombles litter campaigns from the 1970s.

Fundamentally if Sunak is popular then Starmer is more popular and in some polling by a considerable margin.
By Andy McDandy
Apparently he and Braverman got heckled today in Chelmsford, lots of pro-refugee stuff.

Meanwhile, looks like someone on the back benches isn't out of the woods yet...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tory-mp-arres ... 31190.html
By Tubby Isaacs
mattomac wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:37 pm I see the outlier was err an outlier and the Sunak surge is sort of a ripple. Still it got Fleet Street a weekend of "hot takes".

Sunak's more popular than his party, but he is more popular with people who don't like his party and won't vote for them and at some point he won't be able to keep that up.

The fuckwitty crime stuff today shows more tinkering bollocks which isn't any better than the Wombles litter campaigns from the 1970s.

Fundamentally if Sunak is popular then Starmer is more popular and in some polling by a considerable margin.
Yeah, Starmer leads on net approval. Sunak has led on best PM a couple of times, which is not surprising seeing he gets to be PM in the meantime and Starmer doesn’t.
By Tubby Isaacs
Check out this torrent of absolute fake moralist horseshit.
Conservative MP Miriam Cates was heckled by some on the opposition benches as she argued: “Many of those who argue against strong borders and strong action against illegal immigration are not themselves personally affected by illegal immigration.

“Their wages are not threatened by the black market economy, they don’t rely on essential local resources that are taken up with housing migrants, their children are not sent to school with young men who are clearly not children, and their sense of agency and national identity does not rest on the integrity of our borders or the sovereignty of our Parliament.

“For those whose lives and culture are not negatively impacted by thousands of people arriving here on small boats it makes sense to argue for open borders in the name of compassion.

“For many of my constituents, these are luxury beliefs and the reality is that high and clearly visible levels of illegal immigration are a threat to ordinary people’s safety, security, identity and sense of fair play.

“Believing in and upholding strong borders and firm boundaries is not uncompassionate or bigoted. It is a pre-requisite for a fair, safe and cohesive nation.

“Ultimately when boundaries are not upheld or laws are not unenforced, it’s always the vulnerable that suffer as criminals exploit loopholes and drain much-needed finite resources away from those in genuine need.”
Who's suggesting not enforcing borders or not enforcing laws? Who's supporting illegal working? Whose "culture" is affected, what does that even mean? Most of us don't support "open borders". We just want to do what we used to- evaluate claims properly.

Whatever the cost of all this is, much of it down to government inefficiency, it's surely dwarfed by Brexit, Osbornomics and all the rest of it. Why were those not "luxury beliefs"?
kreuzberger liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]