:sunglasses: 30 % :pray: 5 % :laughing: 40 % :cry: 15 % :🤗 10 %
By Yug
It must be wonderful being so well liked.

Nadine Dorries: Constituents react as MP announces exit plan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-64598987
Jacqueline Catlin said it was "a really good thing" Ms Dorries was standing down.

"She never does what you ask of her," the 80-year-old said.

"She's never about, she just seems to be in love with Boris.

"I think she's a coward but there you go."
Lucienne Mann said she was "happy" Ms Dorries would no longer be her MP.

"We need a more useful candidate," the 40-year-old said.

"One who actually cares what people doing and takes action and doesn't waste her time writing book and going on I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!"
Ian Brown said he was not pleased with the way Ms Dorries announced her departure.

"I'd have appreciated it if she told her constituents rather than viewers of Talk TV," he said.

"Good riddance. I prefer people that live in the area."
Mark Lavery, 57, described his MP as "a colourful figure".

"She tends to polarise opinion," he said.

"Her stepping down, is that a big issue for us as a town? Not really.

"She doesn't live round here so we just crack on."

Mr Lavery said Ms Dorries was "never short of an opinion or confidence".

So, that's three "fuck off Nad" and one "meh".
By Youngian
Yug wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:54 pm It must be wonderful being so well liked.

Mark Lavery, 57, described his MP as "a colourful figure".
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:11 pm "Can I just ask a question?"
Name three things more colourful than Nadine Dorries?
A Soviet concrete factory
John Major’s photo collection of foggy mornings in Huntingdon.
Death Vader’s shadow.

‘Colourful’ isn’t even a complimentary euphemism.
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:07 pm Surely to God this is a blatant breach of more standards than you can shake a stick at:
Quite apart from the libellous shite she's spouting, I keep hearing that it's against Parliamentary rules for a sitting MP to even present a political programme. If true, that would mean Rees-Mogg and David Lammy are also in breach.
By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm not sure that's correct - certainly Lammy said he was allowed - but then his is a radio show with no formal interviews of other politicians.
By Oboogie
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:32 pm I'm not sure that's correct - certainly Lammy said he was allowed - but then his is a radio show with no formal interviews of other politicians.
It seems you are correct.

"Ofcom said politicians are allowed to present TV and radio shows, but there are “some exceptions”.

By means of preserving an expected level of impartiality to broadcasters’ news bulletins, the regulator’s rules say: “No politician may be used as a newsreader, interviewer or reporter in any news programmes unless, exceptionally, it is editorially justified."

“This means that politicians are allowed to present current affairs programmes, such as audience phone-ins, but they must make sure a range of views are reflected in their programme.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/j ... 74512.html
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:54 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:32 pm I'm not sure that's correct - certainly Lammy said he was allowed - but then his is a radio show with no formal interviews of other politicians.
It seems you are correct.

"Ofcom said politicians are allowed to present TV and radio shows, but there are “some exceptions”.

By means of preserving an expected level of impartiality to broadcasters’ news bulletins, the regulator’s rules say: “No politician may be used as a newsreader, interviewer or reporter in any news programmes unless, exceptionally, it is editorially justified."

“This means that politicians are allowed to present current affairs programmes, such as audience phone-ins, but they must make sure a range of views are reflected in their programme.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/j ... 74512.html
"We got all kinds of music, country AND western."
By Dalem Lake
Youngian wrote:Not a performance that would inspire the troops. Don’t know anything about Ofcom’s relationship with government, is she a patsy appointment?
Ofcom has already taken action against Press TV and RT so they do implement sanctions for breaking their rules.
They were easy targets though, essentially mouth pieces for governments we're not found of, so nobody gave a shit. Talk TV and GBeebies are a different kettle of fish however and considering how useful the channels are to the government for promoting the culture wars shit would OFCOM want to paint a target on their backs by calling them out? I don't think so. I mean, look what's just happened to the BBC over that Lineker stuff.
Spoonman liked this
By Youngian
Dalem Lake wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:26 pm
Youngian wrote:Not a performance that would inspire the troops. Don’t know anything about Ofcom’s relationship with government, is she a patsy appointment?
Ofcom has already taken action against Press TV and RT so they do implement sanctions for breaking their rules.
They were easy targets though, essentially mouth pieces for governments we're not found of, so nobody gave a shit. Talk TV and GBeebies are a different kettle of fish however and considering how useful the channels are to the government for promoting the culture wars shit would OFCOM want to paint a target on their backs by calling them out? I don't think so. I mean, look what's just happened to the BBC over that Lineker stuff.
Not good enough though is it, what’s the worst that could happen to a regulator head who held GBNews to account and took action? A court action with the government for unfair dismissal.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]