:sunglasses: 25 % :pray: 25 % :laughing: 37.5 % :cry: 12.5 %
By Spoonman
Samanfur wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:12 pm Not Williamson, but I don't doubt he'll jump on the bandwagon shortly:

We'll be pledging allegiance to the flag and the monarch every morning - hands on hearts, of course - next.

I'm not shocked. This level of mission creep was predictable as soon as the Tories started weaponising the flag.

I'm just disappointed.
Yeah, good luck trying to enforce any of that in nearly half of Northern Ireland.
By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:42 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:19 am I believe the Tories call it Londonistan (outside the Mayoral election campaign).
I thought that only existed in the mind of Melanie Phillips?
It's like Narnia for columnists, but you have to go through the cold store in a kebab shop to get there.
By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:55 pm
Boiler wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:42 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:19 am I believe the Tories call it Londonistan (outside the Mayoral election campaign).
I thought that only existed in the mind of Melanie Phillips?
It's like Narnia for columnists, but you have to go through the cold store in a kebab shop to get there.
As opposed to a fancy-dress costume shop?

By The Red Arrow
Schools Face Government Stealth Cuts Worth Millions for Most Disadvantaged Pupils
The Education Secretary accused Labour of moaning and complaining, as schools express anger about changes to Pupil Premium funding
Sian Norris
27 April 2021
The Department for Education will reportedly not reveal its estimate of savings from cutting school Pupil Premium funding for the poorest in case of “harm” to its reputation. However, Freedom of Information requests submitted by campaigner Andy Jolley and analysis by Schools Week have revealed the extent of the “stealth cut” across a range of English councils.
https://bylinetimes.com/2021/04/27/scho ... ed-pupils/
By Malcolm Armsteen
Under that Tony Blair Labour developed the idea that 'funding should follow disadvantage' at the postcode level. It was part and parcel of Excellence in Cities, and it bore fruit.

Along comes the coalition. The Tories wanted rid of differential funding, because it meant that more funding was going to Labour authorities, and money was vired (this was after Cambridgeshire spent their entire SEN budget on social services and kept the social services provision for themselves). Cameron pledged that he would 'equalise' funding between poor Labour authorities and wealthy Tory ones. The Lib Dems objected, and the Pupil Premium was born, close to the Labour idea. Much Tory chuntering, but it's part of their DORA plans.

Most Tories realise that taking money away from deprived or disadvantaged kids and giving it to the wealthy would be electoral kryptonite, but clearly not Ratboy. He is that stupid and crude. And so, of course, are the membership.
By Malcolm Armsteen
In February Gavin 'Ratboy' Williamson appointed Sir Kevan Collins* as a 'Czar' to oversee/advise on the catchup arrangements for pupils affected by lack of school time during Covid.

Collins advised that the required work would cost £15bn. Williamson, to general disbelief allowed him less than 10% of what will be needed.

To his everlasting credit Collins promptly resigned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57335558
The Education Policy Institute had calculated that a catch-up funding recovery plan would need £13.5bn - and Sir Kevan was reported as having put forward plans costing £15bn.
The government's proposal represents £50 per pupil per year - and Sir Kevan wrote to the prime minister saying: "I do not believe it is credible that a successful recovery can be achieved with a programme of support of this size."
Less than a quid a head a week.

Johnson has wiffle-waffled about 'more money coming down the line'. But nothing specific. Williamson is believed to be in hiding. Again.

*Before taking up his post as tsar, Sir Kevan was head of the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF), which examines evidence for what works in education.
As EEF chief executive, he ran an organisation that examined ideas for raising achievement, with the aim of breaking the link between deprivation and poor outcomes in school.
Sir Kevan has had a long career in education, as a former teacher who went on to be the director of children's services and chief executive of Tower Hamlets, east London.
By Tubby Isaacs
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:07 pm Under that Tony Blair Labour developed the idea that 'funding should follow disadvantage' at the postcode level. It was part and parcel of Excellence in Cities, and it bore fruit.

Along comes the coalition. The Tories wanted rid of differential funding, because it meant that more funding was going to Labour authorities, and money was vired (this was after Cambridgeshire spent their entire SEN budget on social services and kept the social services provision for themselves). Cameron pledged that he would 'equalise' funding between poor Labour authorities and wealthy Tory ones. The Lib Dems objected, and the Pupil Premium was born, close to the Labour idea. Much Tory chuntering, but it's part of their DORA plans.

Most Tories realise that taking money away from deprived or disadvantaged kids and giving it to the wealthy would be electoral kryptonite, but clearly not Ratboy. He is that stupid and crude. And so, of course, are the membership.
In the light of the above, you may or may not be amused by this.

By Tubby Isaacs
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:42 pm In February Gavin 'Ratboy' Williamson appointed Sir Kevan Collins* as a 'Czar' to oversee/advise on the catchup arrangements for pupils affected by lack of school time during Covid.

Collins advised that the required work would cost £15bn. Williamson, to general disbelief allowed him less than 10% of what will be needed.
You haven't seen Williamson's explanation yet?
“Maybe this is being a Yorkshireman, but I always thought £1.4billion was a pretty hefty amount. But I do recognise that this is part of a process.”
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]