:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Bones McCoy
Bravo!!

I can only add that the flotsam from this election defeat cannot be permitted to percolate retrospectively to the lords.

They will be part of one of the largest reversals of opinion in British history.

It's incredible that many will expect a lifelong role in governance following the disaster they've imposed on us all.
By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:41 pm Bravo!!

I can only add that the flotsam from this election defeat cannot be permitted to percolate retrospectively to the lords.

They will be part of one of the largest reversals of opinion in British history.

It's incredible that many will expect a lifelong role in governance following the disaster they've imposed on us all.
That's a point I've never considered before - with the Lords and the Privy Council, one you're in the government you're there for life.
By Yug
They love there freeze peach, those nise torys do

The Conservative party put pressure on the BBC not to describe a claim by Boris Johnson that Keir Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile as “false”, the Guardian has been told.

The allegation made by Johnson in February last year prompted fury, including from within his own party, and he eventually rowed back on the claim.

However, behind the scenes, Conservative party headquarters was pressing the BBC not to describe it as a “false” accusation. The BBC resisted the demand and continued to refer to it in those terms...

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... mmy-savile
Put pressure on the BBC to not say lying liar was telling lies.

Bunch of cunts, the lot of 'em.
By Abernathy
Spoonman wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:53 pm Going by what I've read of him, I'd have imagined that if Lord Reith were around today he would have in the most polite way told this (or any) government trying to tell the Beeb what to say/not say to fuck off.
You know John Reith was from Aberdeen (well, Stonehaven), don’t you?
He’d have said “See you, Sunak! Ya skinny, glaikit wee jug-eared cunt that ye are ! You can jist get right awae tae FUCK !”
Yug liked this
By Yug
Quick! There goes another one!

A Kent Conservative MP is to stand down at the next general election.
Gordon Henderson has represented Sittingbourne and Sheppey since 2010. He currently has a majority of 24,479, which he gained in 2019.

He made the announcement at his local Conservative Association annual general meeting on Friday evening.

The MP said he was was stepping down with "a heavy heart" having "done my bit for my community, my country, and my party".

Mr Henderson told Conservative members: "By 2024 I will be 76 years old and will have been working full time for 60 years.

"I have devoted much of my adult life to the Conservative Party."..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-64989524

He continued: "I believe the time is right for me to retire and let a younger person pick up the reins."
I wonder what it is about the current situation which made him decide it's time to retire?
By Malcolm Armsteen
It's a common phrase in the civil service denoting the ultimate authority*. Not sure what it means in these circumstances.

*Taken from the court of Henry VII to reduce the power of overmighty subjects, which met in the, er, Star Chamber (ceiling painted ooh pretty look at the stars and sparkly bits).
By Crabcakes
I suspect it was suggested to them as a name by someone who knew that Mark Francois has a famously over-generous view of his own importance that’s inversely proportional to his intellect - meaning he would take it as a compliment to himself and his ERG colleagues, and that by absolute coincidence arseholes are star shaped. ;)
By Malcolm Armsteen
I reckon that François sees Malibu as a sophisticated drink.
By Yug
Right thread this time :roll:

Another runaway

Calder Valley's Conservative MP has announced he will not be standing in the next general election.

Craig Whittaker, who has represented the constituency for 12 years, said he wanted to spend "more quality time" with his family.

The make-up of the seat, which he won from Labour in 2010, is due to change under Boundary Commission proposals.

Mr Whittaker's announcement comes after a number of other Conservative MPs also said they planned to step down.

He said, when he was elected, he had only planned to serve for two terms.

"I only ever wanted to be a good local MP, not a career politician," he said...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-65033641
And to give you some idea of what a cunt he is...

"When I look at what we have achieved in that time, I feel incredibly proud.

"It is a huge privilege to represent Calder Valley in Parliament but Elaine and I have decided that we want to spend more quality time together with our family.

"On that basis, and with huge pride in what we have achieved, tinged with sadness, I have decided that I will not be seeking re-election as your MP."
He's actually proud of what the Tories have "achieved " since 2010!
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]