:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Tubby Isaacs
Still, losing to Flick Drummond in the first seat will be quite funny. Norman Lamont failed to get selected for his successor seat in 1997, but the Lib Dems gained it anyway.

Edit- that's actually harsh on Drummond who seems like one of the saner backbenchers, with interest in a few policy areas. I'll be pleased if she defeats Braverman.
mattomac liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Without comment, except that this is the type of person who selects Tory MPs...
Fp1VKYAWAAAZgUX.jpeg
Fp1VKYAWAAAZgUX.jpeg (14.57 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
Arrowhead liked this
By Yug
Business as usual for disgraced former Trade Secretary Dr Fox

The former cabinet minister Liam Fox has been criticised for lobbying the prime minister on behalf of a business group that pays him £1,000 an hour.

Fox, a former trade secretary, is the chairman and a “commissioner” of the Global Britain Commission, whose members include representatives of the banking industry group UK Finance, the private bank Coutts, Heathrow, Virgin Atlantic, Forth Ports and others. It is expected to pay him £6,000 for six hours of work over the past six months.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... commission
Six grand for six hours "work". At least the cunts aren't telling us "we're all in it together" this time.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Are they nasty, stupid or both?

Christopher Chope (yes, him) has sPoke hiS brAnes - any nurse who leaves their job should be made to repay the full cost of their training...

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/politic ... e-the-nhs/

Quite apart from the fact that that would be flirting with indentured labour, ie slavery...
By Tubby Isaacs
Nursing is a good (though very tough) job. It’s one of the best jobs available in lots of areas. But lots of people in those areas who could probably do it, aren’t confident enough to try. They’ll be even less likely if they face paying training costs back.

If you were remotely interested in social mobility, why would you suggest this?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Marc François has announced to the world that he 'isn't stupid'.

Discuss:
By Abernathy
Yug wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:41 pm Marc Francois giving yet another example of why I regard Tories as fucking liars.
The biggest reason to regard Tories as fucking liars? Theyare fucking liars.
Last edited by Abernathy on Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rosvanian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Are they nasty, stupid or both?

Christopher Chope (yes, him) has sPoke hiS brAnes - any nurse who leaves their job should be made to repay the full cost of their training...

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/politic ... e-the-nhs/

Quite apart from the fact that that would be flirting with indentured labour, ie slavery...
In the case of Chope, clearly it's both.

My youngest daughter is six months into her first nursing job in the NHS, having graduated from York University with around £40K of debt (the bursary was partly reintroduced in time for her final year). She will still have that debt regardless of whether she stays in the profession. That Chope doesn't appear to know this is laughable.

There's no question that she was used as an additional free labour resource by York and Harrogate hospitals during years 2 and 3 of her course. Furthermore, having been in the thick of it during the pandemic, the lack academic and pastoral support from the university was an utter disgrace - and all for £9K a year. I was a huge supporter of higher education from my own experience as a student 40 years ago and from working in a Russell Group university for a number of years but her experience has completely changed my view.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Rosvanian wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:01 pm

In the case of Chope, clearly it's both.

My youngest daughter is six months into her first nursing job in the NHS, having graduated from York University with around £40K of debt (the bursary was partly reintroduced in time for her final year). She will still have that debt regardless of whether she stays in the profession. That Chope doesn't appear to know this is laughable.

There's no question that she was used as an additional free labour resource by York and Harrogate hospitals during years 2 and 3 of her course. Furthermore, having been in the thick of it during the pandemic, the lack academic and pastoral support from the university was an utter disgrace - and all for £9K a year. I was a huge supporter of higher education from my own experience as a student 40 years ago and from working in a Russell Group university for a number of years but her experience has completely changed my view.
That's an insane level of debt for something including, as you say, lots of free work for the NHS.

Sam Freedman thinks that the government needs to reduce debts for people who do teacher training in view of the shortages (recruitment is again disappointing), but that the Treasury won't allow it (or as I call them, Conservative Chancellors of the Exchequer).

The same with bells on for nursing, I'd have thought.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Don't stop me now.

No, actually, do.

Viewer discretion advised...

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]