:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
By Youngian
Ball park figures of Johnson’s known earnings in this article suggest he’s not broke but a cheap bastard.
The reports come amid other claims that he has sought to use donors to pay for his living costs.
Yet those who know Johnson well believe there is a much simpler explanation for him claiming hardship.

Rather than being desperately hard-up, Purnell suggests Johnson may simply be acting as he has always done, which is to find any excuse he can to avoid opening his wallet.

"All the way through his life he has been very successful at avoiding paying for anything," Purnell tells Insider.

"It's a game he has always played... I mean what does he spend his money on? It's certainly not on buying people rounds of drinks in the pub.

"He's never done that. All the time I was in Brussels... you would go to the bar and he would drink other people's drinks and never ever buy a drink. I mean never.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-j ... nds-2021-5
By Samanfur
Re-branding it as I Can't Believe It's Not a Royal Yacht will apparently make it all better:

Plans for new national flagship to promote 'best of British'

A new national flagship is to be commissioned by the government in a bid to boost British trade and industry globally, the prime minister has said.

The vessel will be the successor to the Royal Yacht Britannia, which was retired in 1997.

Its name has yet to be announced, but the Daily Telegraph has suggested the ship will be named after the Duke of Edinburgh, who helped design Britannia.

The government plans to build the ship in the UK, at a reported cost of £200m.

The new vessel would be used to promote British interests around the world - including hosting trade fairs and diplomatic meetings - as the UK seeks to build links and boost exports following Brexit.

The tendering process for its design and construction will begin soon - with an emphasis on utilising British design expertise and the latest green technology.

Downing Street said costs for the "construction and operation" of the ship would be confirmed after the tendering process concluded.
How much do you think it's going to cost in the end?
I knew it! The bugger’s got married in a mosque!
kreuzberger, Nigredo liked this
The All New KevS wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:41 pm Of course if this was the wedding day, then this is the wedding night.

Which means at the very moment I'm writing this, there's a fair chance that..... *shudders*
What was it someone said about Nicholas Soames? “Like having a large wardrobe with a very small key fall on you”
Marr’s preamble solely on Indian Covid threat and PM’s wedding falls behind the Congo volcano disaster in news running order. Still a low bar to praise the BBC for not fooling for such an obvious distraction ruse.

Meanwhile the Sun’s tin ear hears the news about the happy couple
Attachments
4F72D299-992C-48B5-9EC4-C48CDA66924A.jpeg
4F72D299-992C-48B5-9EC4-C48CDA66924A.jpeg (610.97 KiB) Viewed 2792 times
Samanfur wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:44 pm Re-branding it as I Can't Believe It's Not a Royal Yacht will apparently make it all better:

Plans for new national flagship to promote 'best of British'

A new national flagship is to be commissioned by the government in a bid to boost British trade and industry globally, the prime minister has said.

The vessel will be the successor to the Royal Yacht Britannia, which was retired in 1997.

Its name has yet to be announced, but the Daily Telegraph has suggested the ship will be named after the Duke of Edinburgh, who helped design Britannia.

The government plans to build the ship in the UK, at a reported cost of £200m.

The new vessel would be used to promote British interests around the world - including hosting trade fairs and diplomatic meetings - as the UK seeks to build links and boost exports following Brexit.

The tendering process for its design and construction will begin soon - with an emphasis on utilising British design expertise and the latest green technology.

Downing Street said costs for the "construction and operation" of the ship would be confirmed after the tendering process concluded.
How much do you think it's going to cost in the end?
We're getting Hancock and Harding to build it, and we will call it the Mary Rose.
By satnav
Didn't Harry Cole have an exclusive in the Sun on Monday claiming that Boris and Carrie were definitely getting married next Summer? Johnson has frequently used Cole to put stories into the public domain so it seems a bit odd that Cole has been fed a story that was clearly 100% false.
By Samanfur
He's also Carrie Symonds' ex. The cynic in me's torn over whether the couple would be that spiteful, the wedding was brought forward as a whitewash attempt against incoming bad news, or both.

I'm favouring both.
Oboogie, Watchman, Nigredo liked this
An adolescent gushes forth a dead cat...

By Boiler
Meanwhile, 150,000 people have held funerals they weren't expecting to.

Interesting waiver of the rules here:
Although Mr Johnson, 56, has been married twice before, the Roman Catholic Church can allow divorcees to remarry if the previous marriages were outside the Roman Catholic Church.
What's that old saying? "When a man marries his mistress, he creates a vacancy."

A pox upon both of them.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]