:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
Yug wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:16 pm A Britain where the Conservative Party has only 45 seats in parliament sounds like the sort of Britain I'd like to live in.
Won’t be many years before they start to reinvent themselves and even in government Labour has to have a strategy to ensure they stay down. End FPTP from a position of strength not when you look like losing your majority.
Last edited by Youngian on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:39 pm But hey, don’t take my word for it - see what a poll commissioned by the famously left-wing newspaper The Telegraph says 😁
I bet we'd still get to keep our Tory MP. Even the other Herefordshire seat would give its (relatively sane) one the boot.
By Andy McDandy
They'll go on a retreat, get photographed wearing casual clothes, pick a few new faces, and play on being young and aspirational and OK with minorities, and make capital of any misstep by labour, and appeal to the basically selfish vein running through society.

So yes, get the majority and push PR through.
Youngian liked this
By Yug
Once upon a time, the Conservative Party was a serious political party, largely filled with people who, if you didn't like their politics, you could respect as people. What is it now? A shitshow of spivvery, a cesspool of criminality populated with human filth and scum who can command no level of respect whatsoever.

How anyone with an IQ of above 70 can take these utter shits seriously is beyond me.
Watchman, Malcolm Armsteen, Abernathy and 6 others liked this
By Youngian
Yug wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:09 am How anyone with an IQ of above 70 can take these utter shits seriously is beyond me.

If their IQs aren’t above 70, you’re awarded Liz Truss’s thumping majority. Like the bloke who apologised for nearly saying cock when it sounded like another C word about Truss.
By Yug
How have the Tories been allowed to drag things down to this level in such a short space of time? In solid Tory seats like round here people moan about the Tories, yet when asked why they continue to vote Tory they say the other lot would be just as bad. They're all the same. They get this bollocks from the Tory client press. And that's all the Tories have got. The lie that politicians are all the same.

"Yes, we're shit, but the other lot would be just as shit" is hardly a valid reason for keeping the status quo. And it's an admission that the Tories aren't going to even try to improve any time soon.
Samanfur liked this
By davidjay
Yug wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:51 am How have the Tories been allowed to drag things down to this level in such a short space of time? In solid Tory seats like round here people moan about the Tories, yet when asked why they continue to vote Tory they say the other lot would be just as bad. They're all the same. They get this bollocks from the Tory client press. And that's all the Tories have got. The lie that politicians are all the same.

"Yes, we're shit, but the other lot would be just as shit" is hardly a valid reason for keeping the status quo. And it's an admission that the Tories aren't going to even try to improve any time soon.
This is part of Johnson's legacy - he engrained in the public psyche the belief that they're all the same. The same greed, the same immorality, the same lies.
Last edited by davidjay on Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Youngian
This crowd probably think Labour is better at covering up corruption as the reason there aren’t equivalent scandals erupting. There aren’t thankfully any corruption scandals currently among shadow cabinet ministers but it wouldn’t do Keir’s standing any harm if there was. A leader who doesn’t tolerate fools and knaves dragging the side down.
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:07 am This crowd probably think Labour is better at covering up corruption as the reason there aren’t equivalent scandals erupting. There aren’t thankfully any corruption scandals currently among shadow cabinet ministers but it wouldn’t do Keir’s standing any harm if there was. A leader who doesn’t tolerate fools and knaves dragging the side down.
Biased lefty media. And the biased lefty police, courts, civil service, yuman rites lawyers and tax inspectors
By Youngian
Timothy has been scathing about Truss’s free market wonkery and has been rebranding himself as a Christian Democrat. A populist nationalist flashing the cash in the Red wall doesn’t make you Merkel. More Nick Griffin.
Attachments
F8AD48C7-5C6E-46D9-9800-90383FF3D1A7.jpeg
F8AD48C7-5C6E-46D9-9800-90383FF3D1A7.jpeg (88 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
By Yug
Squeak squeak squeak

Conservative MP Stephen McPartland has announced he will not run again at the next election.

The 46-year-old, who has held the Stevenage constituency in Hertfordshire since 2010, said he wanted to take up opportunities outside of politics.

Sharing his letter to Rishi Sunak in a Twitter post, external, he said he had taken the decision "after much soul-searching"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cpe7lnyxg2go
Those lifeboats are going to be crowded soon.
By mattomac
It was slightly amusing he made no mention of Sunak after the address and instead mentioned John Major.

The point was well made I guess.

I assume the only reason the actions and words are so different from the MPs is that we are in such Union chartered waters, I do think maybe we should look at 2010/15 and 2017 elections and note the lack of majorities and then throw in the LDs as an effective vote winning third party.

If this was Le Pen in France the likes of the Telegraph and Mail would have already made her president. I assume the government will expand the energy support but if they do not I do feel they are basically just signing off.

It feels again that prices have jumped up post Christmas, if there idea is to run a campaign on culture wars and immigration they have to accept there will be more murders like that poor girl we have seen and more riots like in Knowsley.

They will also have to get immigration right, and they are not just behind Labour but some way behind Labour.
Oboogie liked this
By Crabcakes
The 46-year-old, who has held the Stevenage constituency in Hertfordshire since 2010, said he wanted to take up opportunities outside of politics.
“…before everyone else in the party has to do the same whether they want to or not” he didn’t add but very obviously meant.

Going on this basis, the Tories will have a ton of unknowns and third or fourth stringers contesting seats for them now. Even if they weren’t in the dire straits I’m delighted to see them in, that’s got to lose them a few extra seats.
By Spoonman
FFS, with all the rats leaving the sinking ship (or in Alex Johnson's case looking to get hold of one of the few lifeboats before someone else snags them) there's going to be less opportunities for a more recent Portillo moment, isn't there?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]