:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:01 pm
Youngian wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:31 pm What passes for normal in a Tory’s head
The news that the Queen was dying didn't break until lunchtime that day, long after most us had our breakfast.
Tories will remember every breakfast precisely.
They can look it up in their expense claims.
davidjay, Oboogie, mattomac liked this
By Samanfur
It seems that Anderson's past is already catching up with him.

Remember this one?

‘I’m asking you not to play it’: Anderson reacts as radio host brings up embarrassing doorstepping incident
Questing [sic] the new deputy Tory Party chairman, Cowley said: “There is a worry by some that you might be a bit dishonest.

“I’m talking about that video that you did where you asked a friend to pose as an anti-Labour swing voter.”

Mr Anderson then asks Cowley if she has ever told a lie a number of times.

Cowley then says humans tell false truths to protect people.

“So you’re a liar, so you’re dishonest,” Mr Anderson replies.

“We’ve established you’re dishonest and you tell lies.

“Let’s talk about that video because three weeks afterwards, I was voted in as the first-ever Conservative MP [in Ashfield], beating Labour by 8,000 votes.

“So that’s what the people of Ashfield think and that’s all that matters to me.”
The problem with being a 'good telly' controversialist who's all edge and no point is that unless your name's Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, the mass media will have no problem turning on you when they have enough dirt on you that it's a bigger story.

If he'd had any sense, Anderson would've stayed a legend in his own lunchtime on the back benches.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Watchman
If I say something that is supposedly outrageous in that place [the Commons], I get back to Ashfield on a Thursday, people will come out the shops and say 'You say what I'm thinking'," he added.
And just happen to meet him in the street, having already rung them up to tell them where he would be
mattomac liked this
By Crabcakes
Watchman wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:11 pm
If I say something that is supposedly outrageous in that place [the Commons], I get back to Ashfield on a Thursday, people will come out the shops and say 'You say what I'm thinking'," he added.
And just happen to meet him in the street, having already rung them up to tell them where he would be
Either that, or he’s told them to say that shortly after asking if they want that or a fight.
By Yug
Another one squeaking her way to the lifeboat deck

Tory “Red Wall” MP Jo Gideon announced on Thursday that she will not stand at the next General Election.

She said she had written to the chairman of Stoke-on-Trent Conservative Federation to inform it of her decision.

She said: “It has been a huge honour to represent the people of Stoke-on-Trent Central as their first Conservative Member of Parliament.

“I am incredibly proud of my achievements, putting people before politics.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 59149.html
Her achievements include being totally unknown until she made this announcement :lol:
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:40 pm Orban’s so worried by the lack of Hungarians being born into world run by him that he’s offering women lifetime income tax exemption if they pop out four kids. When would they find the time to earn this taxable income?
It's a pretty sweet deal.
Uncle Addy only offered a medal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_ ... man_Mother
mattomac liked this
By Watchman
https://www.loughboroughconservatives.c ... eon-club-8

This is on our Conservative constituency home page; I love the prophetic title or the talk
mattomac, Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Crabcakes
A 10% swing in a seat they were already way ahead in is, I would suggest, excellent news for Labour. It means even with a limited group to make pick-ups from, they’re still doing so by some considerable percentage.

In a swing seat with far more to play for, this would translate to be catastrophic for the Tories.
Arrowhead liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]