:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Watchman
Sir Charles Walker, the Tory chairman of the administration committee, said: ‘It is clear that without the right support for Members when they leave Parliament, we may well be putting off talented candidates from seeking election to the House of Commons.’
I accept committees don't comprise of just Tories...................but for fucks sake give your heads a wobble

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-out.html
By Samanfur
A few Tory MPs were briefing anonymously yesterday about the fact that they really, really didn't like 30p Lee and his views being elevated, and they reckoned that it was inviting the party for an even bigger drubbing at the next election.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Samanfur wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:44 pm A few Tory MPs were briefing anonymously yesterday about the fact that they really, really didn't like 30p Lee and his views being elevated, and they reckoned that it was inviting the party for an even bigger drubbing at the next election.

Their nightmare scenario is Lee becoming really good at the job hitting the ground with his campaigning zeal in Wokingham and Esher. Doubt anyone has compared Lee Anderson to Corbyn but going around looking like a loser to connect with voters doesn’t impress them at best. Insulting at worse.
By Malcolm Armsteen
He'd go down a treat in some parts of this constituency. Gangbusters.
By Crabcakes
He’ll probably go down well right up to the point someone in that group needs help and he slags them off. When the next round of bill increases kicks in and yet more people fall into arrears and poverty, is he going to try and tell them on the doorstep they’re just shit at budgeting and they should eat Aldi value beans and piss off?

He’s the sort of Tory who appeals to people who can wilfully ignore the plight of others. The problem is, that group is rapidly becoming confined to multimillionaires only.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Crabcakes wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:09 pm
He’s the sort of Tory who appeals to people who can wilfully ignore the plight of others.
Plenty of them here, and I suspect in many places.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
You're shitting us!

Surely the press didn't ask that - and then keep on asking? And then the Tories didn't take it up as an imaginary stick to beat?

And people ask why I'm depressed...
Dalem Lake, davidjay liked this
By Youngian
Bad Enoch is off to a flying start at trade when the Italians agreed to a picture of a fake trade deal.
To avoid talking about real trade deals which are fake. Kemi will explain
Fixating on the short-term damage caused by Brexit is a "fake conversation", the new Business and Trade Secretary has said, adding that it will "take time" for the shape of Britain's new economic arrangements to become clear.

In her first broadcast interview since business was added to her job brief, Kemi Badenoch told Sky News that she "can't get in a time machine" and go back into the EU.

She said: "What I find frustrating is that we spend loads of time trying to re-litigate Brexit rather than focusing on solving new issues."

She was talking after signing a new "trade partnership" with Italy - the first with a European nation post-Brexit.

The deal makes no change to the UK and Italy's key trading regulations - from tariffs and quotas to customs rules - but she said it would help improve trade between the nations. https://news.sky.com/story/kemi-badenoc ... d-12806110
By mattomac
I wouldn’t have a clue what I had, I just remember not waking up early and then murmurs of reaction on twitter.

As for Lee Anderson being made deputy party chair, can you name the last deputy party chair without googling. I’m not particularly worried, he appeals to the same type that Tories believe delivered Brexit and believed delivered the 2019 election.

I think it showed how quickly the gloss came off Johnson that people were more sold on the idea rather than the characters selling it.

The demographics for Under 50’s have been shifting those will be reaching 55 at the next election, you’ve then got the ones ahead which split evenly will be reaching 65.

You say there isn’t the decency seen in the 90’s I think there is and it’s what the Tories are rather ignoring. I would say the country is more progressive now that it was.
By Bones McCoy
When I worked on the Herald, circulation was between 100,000 and 120,000.
It's now below 25,000.

Well before I worked there, holders of the great offices queued up to write articles for the paper.
Some after I left Michelle Mone became their go-to around every business story.
Thus far had they fallen.

But if you think their copy's bad, check out the comments on their website.
Its the same 4 or 5 idiots in their infantile debating club.
Youngian wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:31 pm What passes for normal in a Tory’s head
By satnav
I think Anderson has been given lots of coverage on GB News where he has always been given an easy ride because the people interviewing him are as right wing as him. Hopefully now that he is vice chairman he will face tougher questioning if he ever dares t appear on Channel 4 News or Newsnight.
By Yug
If I say something that is supposedly outrageous in that place [the Commons], I get back to Ashfield on a Thursday, people will come out the shops and say 'You say what I'm thinking'," he added.
Of course they do, what with representing Cuntsville Central an' all.

Most of the people I know, if the subject comes up (very rarely), are of the opinion that it's a good thing it's gone from the statute books and only a complete cunt would want to bring it back. Which brings us neatly back to Lee Anderson.
By Andy McDandy
And who's doing their shopping on a Thursday during the day, and both recognises and feels the need to harangue their MP?

Not exactly talking about the Brain of Nottinghamshire or its top wealth creators here.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]