:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Yug
Does anyone subscribe to inews?

Tories struggling to recruit enough candidates for May local elections over fears of ‘hammering’

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/torie ... ns-2127684
<laughs uncontrollably>
mattomac liked this
By Watchman
No money for nurses……..but plenty for No.55

Ministers quietly scrap limits on Whitehall spending on consultants
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other
By Andy McDandy
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nson-blame

Marina Hyde writes:
The past few days have seen the former prime minister break her welcome silence with what her allies call a series of “interventions”. The one intervention that doesn’t seem to have happened is the type where they sit you down and give you the hard truths about your behaviour.
We live in an era where people who have got all the way to the highest office in the land now hilariously claim structural discrimination against the fact that, after varying amounts of time, they just weren’t good enough. When both of these chancers left office, they had not simply passed their best-before date – they had sailed beyond the use-by date and moved formally into the realms of biohazard. Yet instead of bucking the f up and accepting this, they have turned into the political equivalent of “incels”
You may have noted reports that the 1922 Committee is considering changing the rules so that a leadership challenge to Rishi Sunak could occur after May’s local elections, perhaps with a view to fulfilling the prophecy that in the future, every Tory MP will be prime minister for 15 minutes.
The country is in a toxic relationship with a number of our prime ministerial exes; terminating contact must be the first step.
Bravo!
mattomac liked this
By RandomElement
Bones McCoy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:49 pm
Watchman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:00 pm BREAKING: CCHQ announces Lee Anderson as deputy chairman of the Conservative Party
I think we can guess how the next general election will be fought.
Aye, but they are (hopefully) going to be in for a surprise. The Tories seem to think the noisy rightwing blowhards represent a large proportion of the population. But I don't think so. Immigration may be on many people's minds, but good public services are a far higher priority. Plus, the further right they go, the more people who are just slightly bigoted will think the Tories have gone too far.
Then any attempts at reimplementing Truss's economic plan where the 1% get the money will piss off most of the remaining 99%.
By davidjay
RandomElement wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:08 pm
Watchman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:00 pm BREAKING: CCHQ announces Lee Anderson as deputy chairman of the Conservative Party
Aye, but they are (hopefully) going to be in for a surprise. The Tories seem to think the noisy rightwing blowhards represent a large proportion of the population. But I don't think so. Immigration may be on many people's minds, but good public services are a far higher priority. Plus, the further right they go, the more people who are just slightly bigoted will think the Tories have gone too far.
Then any attempts at reimplementing Truss's economic plan where the 1% get the money will piss off most of the remaining 99%.
I wish I could be so optimistic. I'm not keen on the phrase 'dystopian nightmare', but that's where we're heading now and in such circumstances the good guys will get trampled underfoot. It isn't the mid-nineties anymore and there isn't a popular move towards decency.
By Yug
Demonic Scaab was being "demanding"?

I think not. Whitehall Mandarins are used to dealing with demanding toddlers. For these complaints to be made, Scaab's behaviour must have been a DEFCON level or two higher than merely "demanding".

But yeah, say any old bollocks to shift the blame and get your hero off the hook.
By Andy McDandy
And once again for the hard of thinking at the back, the way someone behaves around those they consider their social equals is not an indication of how they treat those they see as inferior.
By Youngian
Watchman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:26 am Looks like it’s defend Big Dom with a good dose of victim blaming

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/ ... -delicate/
‘It wouldn’t be any different under Labour,’ is what they’d like to say. But would anyone believe Starmer would waste political capital on a no-mark like Raab?
By Crabcakes
While this is probably true, it’s also worth remembering that 30p Lee is a cack-handed idiot. If you wanted to self-sabotage an election campaign you’d be hard pushed to pick a less competent person.
By Malcolm Armsteen
The elevation of 30p Lee (or 'the six-bob knob' as I've seen him described today) can only be an attempt to reconnect with the lowest of the low in red wall bigots. Who knows, they were stupid enough to vote for Brexit and then Johnson, so perhaps they'll fall for this...
Dalem Lake liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:35 am That or throw the election and blame it on letting the oiks in.
I think that may be a real possibility, to lose a bit, let someone else clear up the mess and regroup rather than get completely destroyed by attempting to do it themselves.

It begs the question, of course. What destroyed the Tory Party was Thatcher. She set in train forces that have been ripping it apart ever since - remember the 'bastards'? - and will continue to do so until the Augean Stables are cleaned. I just don't see a Hercules in the offing.
mattomac liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]