:sunglasses: 26.1 % :laughing: 60.9 % :cry: 4.3 % :🤗 8.7 %
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... rikes.html

Strikes. Guardianistas. Dopey birds. Lazy home working pen-pushers (glass houses and all that, but hey...). Hobnobs. Wolfie Smith. Scargill. Woke agendas. Gold plated pensions.

Just fuck off.
By satnav
Here is attempt to bash the teachers.
We should perhaps be less worried about teachers going on strike and more concerned about what they get up to when they're in the classroom.

Indoctrination seems to come before education these days in some schools, where militant teachers are determined to push a 'woke' agenda.

There are widespread reports of even primary school children having their heads filled with notions of 'white privilege' and the evils of the British Empire.
By widespread reports he means a couple made up stories in his own paper.
By Youngian
the desk jockeys, pen-pushers and school teachers, none of whom have ever done a hard day's manual labour

This is what Albert Tatlock would say when losing an argument to Ken Barlow in 1962. If LJ’s been around semi and unskilled manual labourers for long enough he’ll know their favourite self-depreciating line ‘only a fool works with their hands.’ And how proud they are if their children and those of friends and family never have to do it.
By Spoonman
Youngian wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:45 pm
the desk jockeys, pen-pushers and school teachers, none of whom have ever done a hard day's manual labour

This is what Albert Tatlock would say when losing an argument to Ken Barlow in 1962. If LJ’s been around semi and unskilled manual labourers for long enough he’ll know their favourite self-depreciating line ‘only a fool works with their hands.’ And how proud they are if their children and those of friends and family never have to do it.
Most old friends & acquaintances I know of/remember that went on to become teachers often did "manual" jobs inc. building sites, furniture fitting, working in kitchens, care homes, retail etc. either as summer/weekend work or as part time weekday work while at school or university before they became teachers. Another bunch of bollocks dropped by Dick Tinydick.
By Amazonian
We should perhaps be less worried about teachers going on strike and more concerned about what they get up to when they're in the classroom.
Spoken to your fellow op-ed shite-spewer Rod Liddle recently, Littledong? A real kindred spirit, surely? Oh come on, you must remember. The same Rod Liddle who wrote:
I sometimes wondered what sort of teacher I’d prefer to be… [but] I never found out because the one thing stopping me from being a teacher was that I could not remotely conceive of not trying to shag the kids. It seemed to me virtually impossible not to, and I was convinced that I’d be right in there, on day one. We’re talking secondary school level here, by the way — and even then I don’t think I’d have dabbled much below year ten, as it is now called. I just thought we ought to clear that up early on.
Next to that, primary schoolchildren being taught about 'the evils of the British Empire' - and I'm calling bullshit on that - sounds just fine by me, Littledick. There are far worse things that can happen in schools. And some of your peers are only too happy to wank about them in the pages of The Spectator.
By Spoonman
I remember back in my Year 12** English, we were tasked as part of an assignment to try and imagine/summarise a behind-the-scenes scenario inside the principal's office. I decide to spin it on the narrative of some pub bore whom was called into school as his son was in trouble of vandalism & bullying giving off to the principal pretty much every right-wing tabloid stock phrase concerning schools & education in the 90's. Given that my English teacher was also a VP, when I got my work back he told me that what I wrote could at times have been eerily accurate, and wondered if I'd been spying! :lol: Funnily enough, a girl in the same class went on to be an English & RE teacher herself and I know for a fact that she worked manual jobs in her school & uni years, inc. two summers working in the kitchens of the local mental hospital.

Over a quarter of a century later, and looking at the quotes from @Amazonian it looks like Littledick's stock takes on the teaching profession haven't moved on from the mid-90's. At least no one can accuse him of not recycling anything - but I seriously doubt that he was out each summer during his teenage years at his grandfather's farm in all weathers stacking turf for it to dry so it could be used for fuel in the winter as my brother and I had done. Backs were a bit sore for a few days afterwards, but that just led me on to a Civil Service job for a short while a few years later.

**Year 12 in NI = Year 11 in Eng/Wales, 'cos we have seven years of primary schooling, and post-primary starts at Year 8.
Amazonian liked this
By Andy McDandy
Fry and Laurie were doing sketches on that theme in the late 80s. Fry in particular had a loathing for "parent power" and idiots offering their opinions on education.
Amazonian liked this
By Youngian
A former housemate was a primary teacher who moved from a school in a middle class area to a working class suburb of Peterborough. She was able to meet mums who come to say hello and have a look what the kids are up to “not tell me how to do my job because they’ve read three copies of the fucking Daily Mail.” Her language was unprompted from me and not a political person (or wasn’t before teaching).
Amazonian, Spoonman liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -cult.html

You can't say anything these days, you've got to say personhole, etc.

Just like Nigel Biggar (fnar), Foyle's War wanker Anthony Horowitz is claiming to have been "cancelled". Funny how this only seems to happen to hard right hacks. Cue a form whinge about too many blacks on the telly and a fucking painful skit.
By Youngian
His latest novel has been censored by 'sensitivity readers' employed by his U.S. publishers.
It's the third in his series of James Bond thrillers, after he picked up the baton from the late Ian Fleming, and is set largely in Russia and Eastern Europe. Not too many Navaho living in Leningrad, the last time anyone looked.

What possible connection would Navaho have with American espionage?*
And why doesn’t Littlejohn call spies ‘spooks’ so he can show his US readers what a brave crusader against PC wokeness he is?

* Isn’t it common knowledge that Navaho language was used to transmit secret codes?
By Andy McDandy
Also, between John Gardner, Sebastian Faulks, Raymond Benson and more, there are more James Bond books by other authors than by Fleming. Not so much a grand literary tradition as a franchise.
By Crabcakes
Who could possibly have foreseen that the custodians of a multimillion pound franchise are keen to keep it relevant for the 21st century and so would like to avoid easily rewritten lazy stereotypes?

Also, the actual situation - that actually happened in 2022 - is unsurprisingly somewhat more nuanced than Dickie makes out:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 7.html?amp
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:56 am Also, between John Gardner, Sebastian Faulks, Raymond Benson and more, there are more James Bond books by other authors than by Fleming. Not so much a grand literary tradition as a franchise.
Enjoyed reading one of John Gardner’s Bond novels which is more than I can say for Fleming. I’m sure Faulks bought something to the table so I’d give his Bond a go.
Haven’t heard of Raymond Benson, was he selected from the latest shortlist along with Anthony Horowitz and Ryan Hedges?
By Andy McDandy
Is this the same Horowitz who wrote a book called "The Killing Joke" (no apologies to Alan Moore or Brian Bolland there) which was about a guy who heard a joke so offensive to his ears that he tracks down the person responsible for inventing it in the hope of murdering them (and he's the hero)?

PS Raymond Benson picked up the franchise in the 1990s, doing original stories as well as novelisations of the Brosnan films.
Youngian liked this
By Youngian
The first post Fleming novel (Colonel Sun) was penned by an unlikely choice to bring Bond into the swinging sixties, Kingsley Amis. His villains sound even more laughably xenophobic than Fleming’s. Casting call would have gone out to Anton Diffring and Christopher Lee in his Fu Manchu disguise.
the two main plotters: Colonel Sun Liang-tan and a former Nazi commander, Von Richter.
The louche novelist put the research time in
Amis drew upon a holiday he had taken in the Greek islands to create a realistic Greek setting and characters. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Sun
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]