:sunglasses: 57.1 % :pray: 4.8 % :laughing: 28.6 % :poo: 9.5 %
By Andy McDandy
Cracked, which I regularly read, and is an American site, sums them up as That hairy oaf who you inexplicably made PM, and That woman who was PM for a bit then got outlasted by a lettuce.
By Tubby Isaacs
The media is really unfair on Jez with guilt by association.

Most of us had seen the result coming a mile off. I'd have gone to a party with Grayson Perry and Rosamund Pike if I'd been invited rather than sat around with a bunch of people surprised that Labour hadn't won Nuneaton.

Anyway, take that Baddiel.

davidjay liked this
By mattomac
The day after I went to a gig, I’m now sorry I didn’t join in some collective mourning for the great one who demonstrated that for Some reason a self described good campaigner couldn’t run a decent campaign.

It must be one depressive spiral for this lot, a Labour member like myself who wants to see Labour in power are cautiously optimistic 3 years on.

This lot who have created some devil out a centre left leader in Starmer, every day must be a gut punch, I’d seek some mental health support if I was them, some of its not normal.
Tubby Isaacs, Arrowhead liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Has he definitely said he won't be standing again?
By Malcolm Armsteen
Yes. He's been doing a lot of stuff in his comfort zone.

And a woeful Tweet on Holocaust Memorial Day...
By Abernathy
I caught a bit of an interview he did with Ben Kentish on LBC the other night. Corbyn was doing his customary "poor me" act and yet again attempting to downplay the extent of the anti-semitism problem in the party that the EHRC reported - which of course was the reason he lost the whip in the first place. An obvious breach of Healy's first law of holes.

He's never getting the whip restored, even if he fully recants now. Get ready for Corbyn's independent candidacy - and instant expulsion from Labour.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Indeed - the rules are firm on that. Stand (or campaign) against the party and you're out for at least five years.
Abernathy liked this
By Crabcakes
Jez’s interview with the News Agents is his entire time in office in microcosm. Prickly, arrogant and tetchy when asked anything that challenges his finely crafted image, still apologetic for Putin (albeit now with some token resistance, but clearly what matters most to him is Ukraine folding), and everything that happened in terms of antisemitism is either an unfortunate thing he didn’t notice, a coincidence, or something blown up out of all proportion.

An utterly awful performance with one of the least hostile, most open set of journalists out there.
mattomac, Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Yes - those with TUSC or SWP pasts, or those who have been 'disloyal'...

Trouble is that the checking is in the hands of the chair of the local party, and if they are also of a dubious past the checking may be somewhat fudged. Which is how our last candidate got chosen despite Facebook and other posts condemning Starmer for being a traitor, red Tory etc.
By Yug
Crab cakes wrote:still apologetic for Putin (albeit now with some token resistance, but clearly what matters most to him is Ukraine folding)
I can't help wondering if Zelenskyy's Jewish heritage has anything to do with this?
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
I must say I'm with David Baddiel on this, that his 'devotion' to the cause of Palestine and his anti-Israeli stance essentially blinded him to anti-semitism, rather than being an active anti-semite.

Not much better, really, though but.

He is quite impressively stupid.
By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:01 pm I must say I'm with David Baddiel on this, that his 'devotion' to the cause of Palestine and his anti-Israeli stance essentially blinded him to anti-semitism, rather than being an active anti-semite.

Not much better, really, though but.

He is quite impressively stupid.
That's my take. As has been said on here before, he can't ever meet an underdog without being unconditionally on their side, which means mixing with some very nasty people. I may be wrong but I don't think he's bad, just incredibly naive.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
davidjay wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:24 pm I don't think he's bad, just incredibly stupid.
FTFY
By Crabcakes
The mural sums it up. Immediately jumping on the bandwagon of “the little guy vs the man”, without even taking the 10 seconds it would have needed to spot the racist tropes in the image. And if he didn’t even look at the image, then decades as a politician has taught him precisely nothing.
Malcolm Armsteen, Arrowhead, Spoonman and 2 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]