:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:23 pm Not even particularly looking this morning and I’ve seen 2 polls with Labour over 50% of the vote and double the Tory share, and a staggering map of the U.K. showing almost universal regret over brexit.
That’s an unusual direction to happen as people accept paradigm shifts and repaint their horizons within the new realities. However hard you try that with Brexit its a dead end.
By Malcolm Armsteen
With this lot of polecats anything is possible.

John Redwood wants to disinter Thatcher.
By Watchman
Summon up Thatcher? Wasn’t there something in the papers today, about Satanists gathering in Suffolk?
lambswool, Arrowhead liked this
By Andy McDandy
Back in the 1990s, when CGI really took off, several previously big film stars of the 1980s faded as studios realised that a) most of the money was going on the effects, and b) audiences didn't care who was being chased by the tornado/tidal wave/asteroid, so you could save a bit of money there. Besides, film protagonists were now survivors, rather than heroes. We'd half expect Arnie to punch out Godzilla, but the likes of Matthew Broderick were much more relatable.

Magazines such as Empire suddenly had stars such as Bill Pullman/Paxton, Maria Pitillo, Mira Sorvino, Tea Leoni and David Duchovny gracing their covers. Good actors all, but hardly your classic "big names". It was just that time and place. In that environment, character actors flourished, there was an emphasis on innovation, and as a phrase I particularly like puts it, it was the time when the alternative became the mainstream.

So, how does this relate to Liz Truss? Put it this way - remember Demi Moore? Had some big hits, then tried to be the big name, and flopped miserably. Suggesting she was carried as far as she got by the quality of her co-stars or scripts rather than by any innate talent or bankability.

That's Truss.
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:27 pm Back in the 1990s, when CGI really took off, several previously big film stars of the 1980s faded as studios realised that a) most of the money was going on the effects, and b) audiences didn't care who was being chased by the tornado/tidal wave/asteroid, so you could save a bit of money there. Besides, film protagonists were now survivors, rather than heroes. We'd half expect Arnie to punch out Godzilla, but the likes of Matthew Broderick were much more relatable.

Magazines such as Empire suddenly had stars such as Bill Pullman/Paxton, Maria Pitillo, Mira Sorvino, Tea Leoni and David Duchovny gracing their covers. Good actors all, but hardly your classic "big names". It was just that time and place. In that environment, character actors flourished, there was an emphasis on innovation, and as a phrase I particularly like puts it, it was the time when the alternative became the mainstream.

So, how does this relate to Liz Truss? Put it this way - remember Demi Moore? Had some big hits, then tried to be the big name, and flopped miserably. Suggesting she was carried as far as she got by the quality of her co-stars or scripts rather than by any innate talent or bankability.

That's Truss.
Interesting analogy.

Truss seemed to have one hit- she got the International Trade job and saw the potential in it. The relatively unambitious Liam Fox and Anne Marie Trevelyan doubtless worked their way through their red boxes and made calls, as one in a middling-low Cabinet post might. Truss straightaway saw the political potential for herself, and the need for Brexit "successes", hence a phone call to the Governor of South Carolina could be trumpeted like it was TPIP. That got her the top job.
By mattomac
I think we’ve sort of reached a paradox where it is best they don’t mention this, one Union it sort of works potentially.

When the whole country is wobbling and half the sectors are out on strike it hurts them, it is who governs in not so many words.

People want action from their government and they get this.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]