:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Crabcakes
I think a lot of it is right-leaning members of older age groups being fine if the younger generation are better off as long as they are too - and ideally even moreso, but the moment the older Tory types are either no better or worse off than their predecessors then it turns into the usual scenario of making themselves feel better by ensuring someone else is shafted even harder.

There’s nothing a Tory likes more than crossing a drawbridge and then immediately yanking it up.
By Crabcakes
davidjay wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:40 pm "It never did me no harm."
Frequently it did them no harm because they didn’t experience it. Their parents might have, but there’s a whole generation now of older people who didn’t fight or lose anyone in a global war, had the benefits of EU membership for most of if not all their working lives, had ever-increasing standards of living, had a good (and often free) education.

Not having to face the consequences of their actions is a big incentive to just vote with simple prejudices rather than considering anything else. And it’s infuriating and insulting.
Watchman liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
If Burble had listened when people told her she was talking ill-informed bollocks we'd be in a better place.
By Abernathy
kreuzberger wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:28 pm Another "bigoted old woman". They are a blight on the country.
Indeed. And not just bigoted, but stupid and gullible to boot. And there's the rub. Idiots like this woman are actually entitled to vote. Which can amount to very bad news for the rest of us, as the last 13 years amply demonstrates.
By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:51 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:28 pm Another "bigoted old woman". They are a blight on the country.
Indeed. And not just bigoted, but stupid and gullible to boot. And there's the rub. Idiots like this woman are actually entitled to vote. Which can amount to very bad news for the rest of us, as the last 13 years amply demonstrates.
And when you point out that they are wrong - not in their opinions, but in conclusive, unarguable fact - you're talking down to them and think they're stupid.
By Youngian
davidjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:20 pm
Abernathy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:51 pm
And when you point out that they are wrong - not in their opinions, but in conclusive, unarguable fact - you're talking down to them and think they're stupid.
Corbyn supporters are mocked for similar behaviour but they don’t count as ‘ordinary people’ (bigots).
By Tubby Isaacs
A not particularly well-known clown MP here has his arse handed to him. He's on the Transport Select Committee too where I gather he arses about with this stuff.

Btw, the stuff about not going to Euston is very obvious bollocks. If you were going to terminate HS2 trains there, you'd wipe out a lot of the Crossrail capacity.

What may happen though is a delay so that some costs get shunted into later year budgets and "create some fiscal space" for some short term bribes.

By mattomac
How much did they pay him for this?

https://www.ft.com/content/63682089-9d1 ... 966370ee34

Those 5 targets were his idea, one of them hardly anyone will vote on and they’ve completely misunderstood 1992.

Hunt is already saying that wages have caused inflation that will be hard to reduce to below 7.

Basically tax cuts for businesses is going be your big budget plan, it’s going look tired by then if you keep telling everyone and it’s awful anyhow.

They’ve got nothing to offer.
By Youngian
You didn’t have to be Mystic Meg in 2016 to foresee that hard Brexit would lead to the destruction of the Tory party but through civil war. Is it even worse that they’re going down united in a prison of their own making? No one even wants to shine in the backbenches as a leader in waiting.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Yug
Nadine Dorries has been accused by Parliament's anti-corruption watchdog of breaking the ministerial code by not consulting it before taking a TV job.

The former culture secretary will host a new talk show, Friday Night With Nadine, on TalkTV from 3 February.

Lord Pickles, chair of the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (Acoba), said it was informed of her decision to take up the role on Friday.

"Failing to seek and await advice" was a breach of the rules, he told her.

In a separate letter to Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Oliver Dowden, Lord Pickles recommended that "given the transparent nature" of the role, it would be "disproportionate to take any further action in this case".

However, he added that the case was a "further illustration of how out of date the government's rules are"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-64438720
The best way to stop Tory politicians breaking the rules is to change the rules. :roll:
By Crabcakes
Not even particularly looking this morning and I’ve seen 2 polls with Labour over 50% of the vote and double the Tory share, and a staggering map of the U.K. showing almost universal regret over brexit.

I’m starting to wonder if Sunak might call a GE soon because fuck me, with this direction of travel they’ll be looking at sub 20% soon and oblivion.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]