:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Samanfur
‘Do you work in business?’ Sunak mocked for ‘excruciating’ exchange with homeless man

Rishi Sunak has been criticised over an awkward exchange with a homeless person while volunteering at a soup kitchen in front of television cameras.

The prime minister visited a shelter on Friday, where after a brief exchange he asked the man whether he worked in business. The man replied that he was homeless. Sunak then discussed his background in the finance industry and asked if it would be something the man would “like to get in to”.

The man replied: “I wouldn’t mind, but I don’t know, I’d like to get through Christmas first.”

Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:44 pm Yeah, you'd never get a comedy about a man dressing up as a stereotypical working class housewife...
Cissy and Ada were funny, though. Les was the father of 80s alternative comedy, just swap mother-in-law for Thatcher and you were supporting Alexei Sayle at the Comedy Store.

They still work:
-Six blokes were kicking the shite out of Lee Anderson
- Didn’t you help?
- Six was enough.
By Bones McCoy
Poor old Lee has trouble distinguishing Dawson and Manning - a bad case of "All these working classerr look alike to me".

Some interesting stuff in the thread.
Stories about Dawson turning up at open mike sessions at alternative comedy venues and getting a rapturous reception.
I've heard the same about Bob Monkhouse and Barry Cryer.

The problem with these Gammons is they see the world as 2 opposed halves; Wokeworld and Gammonworld.
Everything was great until Wokeworld came along and spoiled it.
Also nothing form Wokeworld and Gammonworld can co-exist.

The world of entertainment largely disproves this.
"You don't see those old comedy shows on the telly" is always about George and Mildred or Love thy Neighbour.
You'll find no problem accessing Dad's Army , Only Fools and Horses or even Minder on one of the comedy repeat channels

Behind the curtain there was a lot of respect between the leading names of alternative comedy and the old comics.
It's essentially the same skillset, with updated material.
Shift the gags about hi' jinks at Pontins to Faliraki (or Center Parks if you're Macintyre).
Many of the younger writers provided material for Monkhouse, and received material form Cryer.

The odd thing about Gammonworld is that its inhabitants claim to be fans of the "Marketplace of ideas".
But the thing that angers them most is their bad ideas getting discarded.
It's a refection in many ways of the whole Tory political machine.

Efficiency savings for others, unlimited vellum and ermine budgets for ourselves.
Spoonman liked this
By satnav
GB News have been re-running interviews with Jim Davidson and Bobby Davro whinging about how they have been cancelled. The reality is that both of them failed to move with the times. Davidson is still using material that he was using in the 1970's and Davro shot himself in the foot when he got bored with being a successful family entertainer and tried to break into the adult comedy market when tat market was in decline.

Les Dawson was always adaptable and changed his act to move with the times. He was a talented musician and in later life turned to acting as well.
By Abernathy
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:49 am
"You don't see those old comedy shows on the telly" is always about George and Mildred or Love thy Neighbour.
You'll find no problem accessing Dad's Army , Only Fools and Horses or even Minder on one of the comedy repeat channels
Or the classic gripe, "It ain't Half Hot, Mum". Telling that a huge part of the reason that George & Mildred and Love Thy Neighbour mostly don't get shown isn't for fear of offending snowflakes, it's that they are complete crap. "It Ain't Half Hot, Mum" is basically a giant racist, homophobic trope from beginning to end. The remarkable thing is that it ever made it onto TV to begin with.
By Andy McDandy
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:09 pm Jim Davidson did adapt in the 90s and made a good living as a game show host on the BBC. For some reason he then unadapted, his choice. He’s now nearly 70. Les Dawson died at 62.
I seem to remember that he bridled under the restraints of being a family entertainer, and was keen to get into the more lucrative adult comedy circuit. And again, fell down because he thought adult meant swearing.

He tried his luck at adult panto too. Have a look:

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/201 ... ult-panto/
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:52 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:09 pm Jim Davidson did adapt in the 90s and made a good living as a game show host on the BBC. For some reason he then unadapted, his choice. He’s now nearly 70. Les Dawson died at 62.
I seem to remember that he bridled under the restraints of being a family entertainer, and was keen to get into the more lucrative adult comedy circuit. And again, fell down because he thought adult meant swearing.

He tried his luck at adult panto too. Have a look:

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/201 ... ult-panto/
Oh God.

On the other hand, swearing can be funny. Unfortunately, Zippy is better at it than Jim.

By davidjay
For an object lesson in adapting, look no further than that epitome of everything these days is woke, The Comedians. The clever ones moved on - Mike Reid became a straight actor, Jim Bowen a gameshow host, Bernard Manning carved out a niche as a live comedian too controversial for TV. The lesser ones are doing Pontins and moaning that there's no room for real comedy these days.
By Tubby Isaacs
This is the relevant debate.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2 ... 6F14B8B708
It has also been brought to my attention by a whistleblower from a very reliable source that one of these institutions is covering up clear data that reveals that the mRNA vaccine increases inflammation of the heart arteries. It is covering this up for fear that it may lose funding from the pharmaceutical industry. The lead of that cardiology research department has a prominent leadership role with the British Heart Foundation, and I am disappointed to say that he has sent out non-disclosure agreements to his research team to ensure that this important data never sees the light of day. That is an absolute disgrace. Systemic failure in an over-medicated population also contributes to huge waste of British taxpayers’ money and increasing strain on the NHS.
I think I can make an educated guess who Bridgen has in mind, and the university he says are covering up these findings.

I see Bill Gates gets a mention too.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]