:sunglasses: 50 % :pray: 6.3 % :laughing: 34.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :poo: 6.3 %
By The Weeping Angel
Arrowhead wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:19 pm That MRP poll is a lot of fun to look at, but it is pure fantasy land stuff IMO. Sunak won’t be losing his seat in any circumstances, and if Labour somehow end up with nearly 500 MPs then we’d be looking at many more splashes of red on the Scottish part of that map.
Yeah I know that what I don't understand is where has this Labour are down to single digit lead come from?
By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:16 pm I think the Labour organisation is based up the top of the county in Leominster, whereas we're based down the south (though still in the North Herefordshire constituency) near Ledbury. Obviously Wiggin has a very handy vote share (63%) but there's also the problem that LD, LAB and GN all get about the same (14, 13, 9). Who do you back of those tactically? LAB on polls generally? LD on ability to take Tory votes? Or GN as the wildcard?
When it comes to big rural constituencies such as this one, I always think the Lib Dems are the ones most likely to prevail - as we saw a year ago in North Shropshire, they are generally in a much better position to peel away habitual Tory voters in such areas rather than Labour.
By Tubby Isaacs
They are when, as Ian put it, people remember Ed Davey exists. Say what you like about Ed, but he puts in the local hard yards in a by-election, and residents seem to appreciate it. That can't really happen in a general election, so I'm not sure they wouldn't fall to fourth, with disgruntled Tories staying at home.
Arrowhead liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Samanfur wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:39 pm That's a thorough drubbing for the Lib Dems.
Unless they stood aside.
Oboogie liked this
By Arrowhead
A fuckup of intergalactic proportions by Bolsover Labour, who failed to spot that their choice of candidate to fight the next GE had previously been found guilty of "professional misconduct" regarding the handling of miners' compensation claims in 2010.

Also bear in mind that Bolsover is a former mining community. Hague ended up being their candidate for fifteen whole days :roll:

The Weeping Angel liked this
By Abernathy
The Weeping Angel wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:24 pm
Abernathy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:15 pm Dennis must be turning in his grave.
He's still alive.
Attachments
overhead.jpg
overhead.jpg (12.55 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Dalem Lake liked this
By Arrowhead
An interesting article on speculation that a number of former Labour "big beasts" such as David Miliband and Ed Balls could be poised for political comebacks.

Two things I hadn't realised before reading this article:

i) the Miliband brothers are still not on speaking terms, which hardly seems ideal if David decides to stand once again, and
ii) Starmer hasn't found room in his shadow cabinet for either Rosena Allin-Khan nor Stella Creasy, which seems extraordinary to me - maybe Starmer is nervous about promoting too many MPs so closely associated with Remain?

Could big beasts from Labour’s past walk into Keir Starmer’s cabinet?
With the party eyeing election victory, figures such as Ed Balls or David Miliband have been the subject of speculation
by Jessica Elgot Wed 21 Dec 2022

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rs-cabinet
By Tubby Isaacs
I was amazed to hear that about the Millibands. Ed was probably the wrong choice as leader, but he's firmly established at the top table now, and would be in government. Why bother with bringing the David soap opera back?

He can swap Dr Rosena for Streeting any time he likes. There's literally nobody at this stage thinking "What I really want to know about is whether Labour will take on the BMA". Streeting has been sharp enough on the current disputes, but isn't that enough for now?
Arrowhead, Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]