:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Abernathy
AHEM.
Abernathy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:54 pm For what it’s worth, here is my prediction : At 2pm on Monday, it will be announced that only Rishi Sunak has verifiably met the 100 nominations threshold, and he will therefore be declared the new leader of the Conservative Party, and our new PM. The Tories will have dodged the massive bullet of allowing the swivel-eyed nutjobs that gave us Truss to vote for a Boris Johnson comeback. Which is, from a Labour point of view, slightly disappointing, but hey-ho. I think we are past the “tipping point” now, whereby the majority of the electorate has already firmly resolved to get shot of this lousy government- whenever the elecion comes.

So, watch out for PM Sunak on Monday.
Lottery numbers, anyone ?
By Bones McCoy
Positive start:

Mogg displays more self-awareness than Truss by resigning his cabinet post.
At least he realises the gig's up.

Sunak would do well to relegate the rest of the "characters" who make much noise, but deliver nothing.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Abernathy
Watching the news coverage of all these cabinet appointment shenanigans is kind of bizarre. From Beth Rigby pointlessly shouting inane questions at various Tories on their way into/out of number 10, to some Tory grandee twat being interviewed and talking about the “huge amount of talent” there is to choose from in the Conservative parliamentary party. I mean, WHAT. THE. FUCK.????
By Malcolm Armsteen
Dunning Kruger.

Armsteen's corollary.
By Arrowhead
Abernathy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:56 pm I’m thinking the next batch of opinion polls will be rather interesting. I expect a slight improvement in the Tories’ fortunes.
Probably quite a big rebound initially, as a nation collectively breathes a sigh of relief that Truss is gone. Cue lots of tedious "Labour are quaking in their boots" pieces over the next few weeks.

Where the Tories are polling six months from now will be far more revealing......
By Crabcakes
Will be interesting to see how Sunak holds up at PMQs today. Truss suffered for her solid teak delivery and dead on arrival performances. And while some have been saying Sunak and Starmer are similar in many ways in personality terms, I think when head to head it’s going to probably highlight Starmer has a lot more personality than he’s often given credit for.

Will also be telling how quickly Sunak’s demeanour changes. He’s been quick to anger before when questioned, so I suspect he’s not going to like weekly scrutiny.
By Watchman
James Duddridge has now tweeted to confirm that he was asked to leave his role as minister for international trade.
He said he was “disappointed” but that he would be giving Rishi Sunak his “full support” from the back benches.

Maybe that lower house fag sucking up to a prefect wasn’t such a good look
Arrowhead liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
First time I saw James Duddridge was the night before Bozo's resignation. I think he'd just sacked Michael Gove, so things were already pretty farcical. Then Duddridge came out on Bozo's behalf, full of beans, looking like Timothy Claypole out of Rentaghost. Bozo was going nowhere and was about to announce tax cuts.

I see Duddridge didn't learn very much from the experience.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Apparently the unspeakable Jonathan Gullis has been quietly fired as an education minister. Doesn't seem to be part of the reshuffle, no reasons given...
Arrowhead liked this
By Yug
I'll just leave this here in case anyone thinks the Tories might be worth a punt at the next GE.

Hospitals and care homes have not received a single penny of a £500m emergency fund promised by the government to prevent the NHS becoming overwhelmed this winter, the Guardian has learned.

Ministers announced they were injecting the cash into the health and social care system last month, to help get thousands of medically fit patients out of hospital into either their own home or a care home as soon as possible in an effort to better prepare the NHS for the coming months...

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/202 ... gency-fund
The Tories under anyone else is the same Party of empty promises that it was under Johnson.
By Arrowhead
Another very tepid poll from the Tory perspective. Remember, this is supposed to be during the "honeymoon" period for new PM Rishi.

Question: has there actually been a single poll showing the Tories even edging into the low 30s percentage-wise, since Sunak took over? I'm pretty sure the previous Opinium one was the best for the Tories so far, and that was still a whopping 16% difference?

By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:39 pm They just got 30% with Redfield and Wilton, but it's the only one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_p ... ction#2022
In that case, I suspect Labour will privately be very encouraged.

I don't want to tempt fate, but it's getting difficult to see a route back for Tories from here on in. It was never likely to happen, but their best chance may have been to anoint Sunak as PM, held a snap GE and gone in studs-up on Labour.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]