:sunglasses: 25.8 % :pray: 14.5 % :laughing: 37.1 % 🧥 1.6 % :cry: 12.9 % :🤗 6.5 % :poo: 1.6 %
By Spoonman
Some of you may recognise this kitten - I've posted this pic of her in the gallery thread before. Her name is Tilly...

spoonysKitteh1.jpg
spoonysKitteh1.jpg (142.58 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

...in her lifetime, Tilly has seen four chancellors of the exchequer, four education secretaries, three home secretaries, three health secretaries, two prime ministers and two British monarchs.

Tilly is five months old.
Bones McCoy, RandomElement, Arrowhead and 5 others liked this
By Youngian
Crabcakes wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:22 am New poll. This, if enacted at a GE, would give the Tories 0 (zero) MPs. This is genuinely an extinction-level event for them.

Tempting for Labour supporters who are polled in future to pretend to vote Lib Dem. Just for the crack of seeing the Tories plummet to third place.
By Samanfur
This article from the FT seems apt:

Quantifying Britain’s moron risk premium

Britain has finally got its longed-for exceptionalism in recent weeks, experiencing a yadda yadda yadda (you know the story).

Not a whole lot of value has emerged from the past month’s omnishambles, but one valuable development is the coining of “moron risk premium” — in short, the extra money the UK is paying to borrow because its leaders are a few sandwiches short of a tea party.
Arrowhead liked this
By Crabcakes
Bones McCoy wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:26 pm A prediction.

On Monday, Sir Graham Brady will read out the nominations.
There will be one name: Rishi Sunak.

Membership will fling an impotent wobbler.
But Tufton and Fleet Street's won't let it lie.

Cue two more years of anarchy.
It may not be 2 years. Rumour has it Sunak’s plan is apparently steady the ship and then GE in May combined with local elections (when Tories tend to do a bit better).
By Oboogie
Bones McCoy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:00 pm
Youngian wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:40 pm Is Sunak part of the WEF Remoaner blob coup? The Boris loons aren’t going to take Rishi’s coronation lightly.
Also a P-word.
Most of the membership are still furious with Gandhi.
Ghandi who famously wasn't a "P-word", he really made quite a point of it!

But I doubt most Tory members would appreciate the distinction.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Reports that he has his 100 nominations.

This is utterly unbelievable...

>edit<

It is. That's 'Dudders' saying that. In fact 50 have publicly come out...
By satnav
There seems to be quite a bit of sniping towards Penny Mourdaunt at the moment which may suggest she is currently in the way of Johnson getting the numbers he needs to enter the race.

I wonder what happens if we end in a situation where Johnson eventually scrapes together around 100 backers and then Rishi gets around 250. Would the membership really back Johnson knowing that two thirds of MPs don't support him?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]