:sunglasses: 40.6 % :pray: 8.5 % :laughing: 30.2 % 🧥 4.7 % :cry: 12.3 % :🤗 3.8 %
Surely that would be the second going of Cæsar?

Green windcheater...
mattomac liked this
I think Nad has already done this, saying that he has the mandate (in a sense, yes, as he quit rather than get voted out). Of course, that was 3 years ago and opinions change...
And we’ve seen how he’s operated during those 3 years. Also, as pointed out elsewhere, as he is the subject of a Parliamentary investigation, is he allowed to stand
By satnav
Brendan Clarke-Smith MP has just said on Sky News that we need Boris back because we need a grown up politician!

The fact that Johnson is currently sunbathing on a beach while his constituents are grappling with the cost of living crisis, shows why he is totally unsuitable to become PM again. Why has the party not disciplined him for going on holiday while the commons is sitting?
Just think how much pain could have been averted if May had just ousted him from the party for his multiple breaches of the ministerial code (for starters)?
Arrowhead liked this
James Duddridge MP
@JamesDuddridge
I hope you enjoyed your holiday boss. Time to come back. Few issues at the office that need addressing.

Pass the fucking sick bucket, but what a cunt!
If they bring back Johnson, it will absolutely bury them. Half the MPs can’t stand him, his popularity levels were awful, he’d struggle to put a cabinet together, he has a LOT of enemies who will seek to destroy him from within, and to the public it will reek of arrogance and turn even more people against them. It also shows they have absolutely nothing to offer.

Why Brady has countenanced asking the membership is beyond me. It’s a completely unforced own goal.
Oboogie liked this
If Johnson comes back to 10 Downing Street, all that tells me is that the Tories have nothing but him to go to. Utterly fucking nothing. No one else in the party with the balls to take on the mantle they wanted, none of them wanting to own their shit. Only a fucking chancer & bluffer willing to take the job for them.

Surely to gawd Labour can easily capitalise on that?
Watchman liked this
Crabcakes wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:33 pm If they bring back Johnson, it will absolutely bury them. Half the MPs can’t stand him, his popularity levels were awful, he’d struggle to put a cabinet together, he has a LOT of enemies who will seek to destroy him from within, and to the public it will reek of arrogance and turn even more people against them. It also shows they have absolutely nothing to offer.

Why Brady has countenanced asking the membership is beyond me. It’s a completely unforced own goal.
Have to agree. I can’t see why they’ve agreed to give the membership a say either, unless it’s those rumblings of the ERG possibly contemplating some sort of legal challenge unless they do. But given that they’ve settled on a contested election involving the membership to be completed within a week, I’d be unsurprised if the ‘22 decided to set the nominations threshold high enough to keep Johnson (and ERG wingnuts like Braverman) out, but within reach for say, Sunak and/or Mordaunt.
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:49 pm Just think how much pain could have been averted if May had just ousted him from the party for his multiple breaches of the ministerial code (for starters)?
True. But also if Major had got rid of the 'bastards' back when they started causing trouble...
Andy McDandy, Samanfur liked this
Major was undone by the small majority, and the backbenches, rather than the bastards in the Cabinet. Those made arses of themselves at Conference, but generally behaved in their jobs. I was surprised when it was revealed that Michael Portillo was a source for Hugo Young, and judging by what was published posthumously from Young's papers, Portillo was a serious man who put forward the broader Tory positions very well.

Major kicked out the 9 who broke the whip in the confidence vote, but the majority was too small and falling to keep them out for longer.
When the Tories lose an election they blame the leader. When Labour lose they blame the electorate. I'd agree with that as a rule, but how the fuck did we end up with a situation whereby a lying, corrupt, cheating, incompetent could come back and win over voters on the basis of a bashful grin and a few soundbites?
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:57 pm Major was undone by the small majority, and the backbenches, rather than the bastards in the Cabinet. Those made arses of themselves at Conference, but generally behaved in their jobs. I was surprised when it was revealed that Michael Portillo was a source for Hugo Young, and judging by what was published posthumously from Young's papers, Portillo was a serious man who put forward the broader Tory positions very well.

Major kicked out the 9 who broke the whip in the confidence vote, but the majority was too small and falling to keep them out for longer.
I didn't just mean the MPs. He needed a Starmer-grade purge of the headbangers.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:22 pm
I didn't just mean the MPs. He needed a Starmer-grade purge of the headbangers.
The members were irrelevant though.

There were actually more anti-EU headbangers on Labour's side in Parliament. John Smith, sought a unified position of abstaining on the Maastricht Treaty with Major's opt outs, You know how many Labour MPs couldn't even do that, and had to vote against? SIxty fucking Six. Only five voted for the treaty.

Nothing Major could have done, and John Smith would have been in an even worse position if he'd been in government. What changed things was the massive new Labour intake who were nearly all pro-EU. John Smith didn't purge Peter Shore and whoever.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]